The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the name of this part and if it is from a Winchester 94 #6851xx.
I am unable to locate it in the schematics available to me.
I have emailed stevespages in order to sign in and maybe have better schematics.

·
Super Moderator
40,000 Posts
It looks just like the part that puts pressure on the mag tube of my Winchester Model 06. It fits between the barrel and outer mag tube.

View attachment 239936
Exactly what it is, the first time I took the "tube" off of my Winchester 1906 it fell out. I didn't think I would ever figure out where it went!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping it didn't come from the 94. I also had a Winchester 90-22 long #7418xx on the table about the same time. I'll check that next. Any Idea what it might be named? I'm still working on getting into Stevespages.

·
Premium Member
17,885 Posts
Have the same part on my 1890. Yes like firpo posted it puts tension on your inner magazine tube. early 1890s and 1906 used this flat spring to keep your inner tube from sliding out.It goes back in by your 1st magazine tube ring closest to the end of the barrel. Hard to explain what side goes against the mag tube, but in mark's post #2 the part that is cupped out that shows wear goes up against the inner tube.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I was hoping it didn't come from the 94. I also had a Winchester 90-22 long #7418xx on the table about the same time. I'll check that next. Any Idea what it might be named? I'm still working on getting into Stevespages.
The only schematic I've found that shows it, is on Homestead. It's called a "magazine friction spring", and I think there's two versions, one for the .22 chambered rifles, and another for the .22 WRF. "IF" the outer tube has been replaced, good chance the spring was left off the gun, because the replacement tubes had one made as part of the tube.

·
Premium Member
17,885 Posts
"IF" the outer tube has been replaced, good chance the spring was left off the gun, because the replacement tubes had one made as part of the tube.
Traps i think he still has the part it just fell out of his '90.

·
Premium Member
17,885 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Now that stock on the '90 is just too gorgeous. beautiful grain. But looks like it has been refinished. Hard to tell but does the '94 have a Octagon barrel? Great looking pair of Winchesters!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if the 90 stock has been refinished. I don't think so. Still has good edges by the metal. Maybe the pump grip. it is a lighter color then the but stock. They have both been in a box for 35 years. 94 has a octagon barrel. I'd like to find a good gunsmith to check these two out and then go shoot them. Probably the only thing I could find ammo for right now. Except for my 10mm that I did shoot today. The 1890-22 long would be cheap and fun to shoot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts