The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have M-1890 .22 short that I bought several years ago. Was a good functioning gun, but had a shot out bore. If memory serves correctly, research at the time suggested it is a 1919 MFG w/factory nickeled receiver. (nickel plating in poor condition). Matching numbers.
Had local gunsmith reline the bore w/correct .22 short rifled tube. Got it baxck and went to shoot it. Wouldn't feed. And as I struggled with it the Mag tube assembly came completely loose from receiver and both barrel mounts. I managed to fire it twice. Took it back to gunsmith who ignored it for 7 months. Went and got it and put it on gun rack. Haven't touched it since. Until today.
Unless the gunsmith jacked something up that I'm not aware of inside the receiver, I'm thinking the feeding problems are probably due to the loose mag tube. Got it back solidly into receiver, but barrel mounts still loose. Rear one appears to be missing a pin.
What the method/procedure for securing the Mag tube mounts into their dovetail slots? Silver Solder? I was thinking of using JB WELD. Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
They rotate out which is normal. They should not push out side to side. To fix the best way is to weld up the mount and refit to the barrel . The tube passes through the mounts and is then pinned. The forward mount has a pin hole in it, or it should.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts