The Firearms Forum banner

Winchester model 64 deluxe 219 zipper

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert H. 
#1 ·

Trying to find a realist value for this gun
Lawn Yard Toy Garden Viking
Grass Lawn Tan Grass family Groundcover
Brown Shotgun Windscreen wiper Tan Trigger
Tan Shotgun Liver Natural material Wood stain
Wood Tan Liver Shotgun Natural material
Brown Tan Office equipment Leather
Brown Tan Leather Metal Material property
Brown Tan Shotgun Leather Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
What is the serial number (so that I can determine if it is a pre-War or post-war production).

In viewing the pictures you posted, there are several big (negative) issues with your Model 64, specifically;

1. The butt stock has been cut, and a non-factory original recoil pad installed.

2. The checkering and other artistic impressions on the stocks are not factory original.

3. The original No. 98A Bolt-peep sight is missing.

4. The left side of the receiver frame has extra holes drilled & tapped in it (no doubt for a side mount scope).

5. The receiver frame and most likely the barrel have been refinished.

6. The barrel mounted rear sight is not original.

As a result of all the alterations, the rifle has very little remaining collector interest and value. Knowledgeable collectors will not be interested in it at any price. There are uneducated people out there that might pay as much as $900 for it.

Bert H.

#3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. I know there is issues, I had recognized also.
The S/N is 1136264, the gun came as a trade out of central Nevada. I have no history of
the gun and owner. If the serialized with the 94's would put it about 1939.
Thanks
Gary

#4 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. I know there is issues, I had recognized also.
The S/N is 1136264, the gun came as a trade out of central Nevada. I have no history of
the gun and owner. If the serialized with the 94's would put it about 1939.
Thanks
Gary
The Model 64 serial numbers were in the Model 94 sequence. That stated, serial number 1136264 was manufactured in July of 1937 versus 1939.

Bert H.
WACA Historian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.