Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Winchester Model 94 .32 Spl

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/13/02 6:01:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Model 94 Winchester .32 WS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a model 94 Winchester. Barrell is full octagon, 25 inches in length. Bore is VG. S/N is 9392XX. Chambering is .32 WS, engraved in barrell. Blue on bbl. and magazine is 85 percent - no rust or pitting. All other metal is colored as in pic above. Wood is chipped and marked from years of deer hunting, and the finish is 60 percent on wood. On the barrel is roll stamped .32WS NICKEL STEEL BARRELL ESPECIALLY FOR SMOKELESS POWDER.

I would like to know year of manufacture, and the fair market value of this goodie.

Thanks.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

Edited by: velvetnsteel at: 4/13/02 7:13:39 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/14/02 8:30:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Model 94 Winchester .32 WS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The rifle was made in early 1924.

Measure the barrel again, from the muzzle all the way to the breech and not just to where it enters the receiver. I would imagine the correct barrel length to be 26".

By 1924, the octagon barrels had become less popular than the round barrels and most .32 Special rifles were being furnished with 24" barrels. Possibly the initial purchaser of your rifle was an "old-timer" who wanted the configuration from 20 years earlier when the 26" octagon barrel was common for the .32WS.

Even though non-standard, this really does not elevate the rifle to "Special Order" status unless there are some other features we dont know about - like extra-grain wood. Assuming not and assuming the bore is very good or better, that rifle would sell in the $700 range.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/18/02 7:11:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del .32 Model 945
    Thanks a lot - you are correct on the barrel length. I appreciate the info. Will never sell the piece as it has been in my wife's family for a long time.