The Firearms Forum banner

Winchester model 94AE 30-30

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  wonderwhippet 
#1 ·
My dad works with a guy who is possibly looking to sell his Winchester model 94AE 30-30. It is in great condition and has no rust on it. There are a few small little dings in the wood, But other than that the gun is spotless and has no damage. It is just dirty and has dust in all the small crevices that needs to be cleaned up. My dad is trying to work a deal with the guy to buy it from him for $200-$250 if the guy still wants to sell it. He was alittle hesitant and unsure if he still wanted to sell it when my dad offered to buy it today, So the guy let my dad bring it home for the night and give it a good look over. He should be giving my dad a definite answer tomorrow afternoon at work. I guess what im looking for is some good info on the gun and maybe an estimate of what it's worth. I've seen them go for anywhere between $400 on a low end and as much as $895 and $1,170 on the high end if in good condition.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

#3 ·
I would suggest that you register with several of the major Internet gun auctions. Then you will be able to actually see what is being bid for similar (or nearly identical ) guns, and in some cases what they have actually sold for recently.

Asking prices mean nothing. Guide or so called Blue Book values or prices are only a rough price guide for a retail sale in a store. Usually, the average actual recent sales price from Internet auctions for essentially the same item is what it is worth within reasonable limits.

#4 ·
Thank you for the info. My dad brought the gun back to his friend today. He made the guy another offer and the guy was still pretty unsure. The guy is moving out of state with his family, so my dads going to wait awhile and make another offer.

#5 ·
seeing how the real winchester(made in the us) is no longer being made and this rifle is capable of using a scope i would say current value at least here in southern indiana is in the neighbor hood of 400.00.i have seen them go for more but they are worth whatever you can get for them. old semperfi

#6 ·
Make sure it has the "hood" on the front sight. I have 2 of these rifles and the hood is definitively needed especially if you will be using it for hunting. The hood aids in picking up a moving target rather quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.