The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to replace the seals in my super x. I found a tune up kit from Wrights for about $100. Is it worth it to replace the magazine tube? that seems to be the expensive piece. I can get all the other parts separate cheaper. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I have never heard of that being part of a maintenance piece. they can wear if things internally are not maintained. Part of the sealing of the system is relying on the mag tube but if there is no obvious felt wear in the tube, then dont bother.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never heard of that being part of a maintenance piece. they can wear if things internally are not maintained. Part of the sealing of the system is relying on the mag tube but if there is no obvious felt wear in the tube, then dont bother.
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by felt wear?

More info. This was my FIL trap gun. He's put easily multiple thousands of rounds through it. He's had it for close to 20 years before he let me have it (on loan of course). I don't think he's ever done anything besides change the O ring on it. I've taken it apart to clean it obviously, and can see the O ring is shot. But I didn't notice, and truth be told probably would have noticed, any wear in the mag tube. I'm thinking about taking it apart again tomorrow to give it a good cleaning. I haven't broke it down in awhile. And I'm sure it needs it. What should I be looking for, as far as felt wear, on the mag tube when I break it down?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
obvious low spots or depressions in the tube that run the length of the tube. Bluing wear is normal but your looking for something that you can feel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.