The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still tried out the MTs-12 today! ;)

Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment... :eek:

Between the gusts that were blowing clouds of dust & grit; I managed to @ least sight in. No real chance to do any accuracy work, so I just used some relatively inexpensive ammo. Here are the pics and a few notes. I did put an old 3" bag skid I had in my stash on the bottom of the stock.

A. The 1/2 oz firing-trigger is actually quite controlable! It just takes a very light caress. The firing is more a matter of mental decision then a physical action. Does that make sense?

B. W/ the 3" bag skid the gun sat flat on the bag and recoiled back ever so slightly. The gun seemed (as best I could deterime in the gale-force winds) to like a light hold on the pistol grip and bottom of the skid.

C. Brass ejects fine w/ the scope mount! :)

D. It's better to gently press the case into the chamber then to try to use the feed-ramp.

E. I'm going to make a an adjustment to the multi-slot Weaver rail because I had to put a + .020 inset in the bottom of the rear Burris Signature Zee ring and crank 120 clicks elevation to get zero @ 50 yards. I'm going to split the rail in 2 pieces and put a .30 shim under the back half of the multi-slot Weaver rail. W/ the Burris Signature Zee rings and floation inserts, this will not be an issue.

I need a day w/ little or NO wind! :D

but, considering I used inexpensive, standard velocity ammo in gale force winds, I can't complain too much! Right, actually I could complain alot about the wind :mad: ; like it would do me any good! :rolleyes:

5-shot group @ 50 yards

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Were you here in Missouri, because that's what they had forecast for us today. I left the .22's at home and took the Mosin's out, didn't figure the wind would have much to say in dealing with them, lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts