Wisdom From the Past.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by USMC-03, Apr 1, 2009.

1. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    From an email my boss sent me...

John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White House, "I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

The quotes below could prove his point.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
    -Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    -Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
    -Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    -Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    -Thomas Jefferson

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered...

2. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

It's refreshing to read of the wisdom and values of our forefathers.

Thanks for posting these words of wisdom!

3. killbuck

killbuck New Member

Excellent post. He was truly one very intelligent man. I wish we had a few like hin in DC right now.

BTW...Semper Fi Brother.
    Enjoy the day.

4. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

dang why did you have to post that now i'm in the middle of Ben Franklin. why can't conservatives spit sound bites out like that nowdays.maybe it was all the english ale instead of bottled water.i'm going to have to ask tranter about that.

5. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

And there's the precursor of WWIII. I'm dead serious and it frankly scares the hell out of me... :eek:

A country cannot manage a currency which is sought for its fundamental stability and then play inflationary games with it for the fictitious betterment of a political constituency. Liberals do not understand this. Obama doesn't CARE about this...

The scary part... China and Russia have figured it out. :mad:

6. paxter

paxter New Member

Thanks for sharing that, what foresight the man had. It's a shame what were stuck with now.

7. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

There was no shortage of witt from Thomas Jefferson for sure. Nor principle or character.

8. 94z07

94z07 New Member

In the modern era we do have Newt.

“If Thomas Edison invented electric light today, Dan Rather would report it on CBS News as "candle making industry threatened".”

“It is impossible to maintain civilization with 12-year-olds having babies, with 15-year-olds killing each other, with 17-year-olds dying of AIDS and with 18-year-olds getting diplomas they can't read”

"our rights come from our Creator and it is impossible to define America if you do not talk in public about where your rights come from."

"One of the great debates of the near future will be individual versus group rights. It is a debate that must end decisively in favor of the individual."

"By blaming everything on “society,” contemporary liberals are really trying to escape the personal responsibility that comes with being an American."

"Look, the one thing we do know is that bureaucracy is not compassionate, that bureaucracy has not worked, that bureaucracy has not delivered."

"You show me a judge who thinks we don't have the right to say, "one nation under God" and I'll show you somebody who shouldn't sit in the Federal court."

9. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

I've always believed that America was truly blessed with the "collective abilities of the Founding Fathers." Never before, or since, has America had that much knowledge or the political brain power together in one room. We used up our "wad" when those gentlemen made a new nation. Too bad it can't happen in today's world.

10. rockntractor

yeah boy great example of a modern conservative. i especially enjoy all his widom in his global warming commercial with nancy palosi. now theres a man we need to put up on a pedestal .

11. momo

momo Former Guest

It's a shame that our intellectual highwater occurred when the founding fathers started this nation. In our time politicians don't worry about the country, nor the people, just getting re-elected. :(

12. rockntractor

thats kind of my point with newt with him though it's not reelection. he was out of the spot light and by signing on to global warming it bought him some tv time. wait till he see's how they use this global warming tool in the next few years. i feel like he sold his soul to the devil for somemore moments of fame.