Wish them luck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/24/03 10:15:09 pm)
    Reply Wish them luck
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a link at which I think you should take a look.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,79014,00.html

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

Edited by: armedandsafe at: 2/24/03 10:16:06 pm

kaylan1
    (2/24/03 11:21:56 pm)
    Reply Re: Wish them luck
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glad Texas judges vision ain't that cloudy yet. Hell glad to be livin in Texas. The concealed handgun permits are a good idea and the requirements to be able to carry make since too.
    When I was in Washington state all you had to do was fill out some paper work, get finger printed and if you never got caught doin something wrong you got a permit in 30 days.
    you didn't have to know the law pertaining to carrying a handgun, didn't have any weapons safety training, and didn't have to qualify with the handgun you plan on carrying. You have to do all that before you can carry in Texas

armedandsafe
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 1:04:15 pm)
    While I am not in favor of having concealed carry permits on constitutional grounds, I do believe training is a good thing. If we are going to have a permitting process, I believe it should include a demonstration of knowledge of the shoot/don't shoot laws and basic profiency with your weapon.

That should start a discussion.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 10:02:52 pm)
    Training is good if done by parents or someone who really cares about the person, AND the person is really interested in being trained (msot of the time, who trains kids to learn how to drive?). Mandatory training is BS because the individual who is being trained isn't doing it because s/he wants to, but because s/he has to.

Edited by: Yabra Kadabra Doo at: 2/25/03 10:03:42 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/25/03 10:49:00 pm)
    Re: Wish them luck

Quote:
    knowledge of the shoot/don't shoot laws

That could be a very involved topic. The way I see it is
    1. Never aim a gun at something unless you mean to kill it.
    2. A persons parents and upbringing, morals, and instincts decide what you want to kill in any situation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.