Wobble Trap

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by FreedomAndForgiven, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven Well-Known Member

I been reading more on trap, and skeet. I'll be honest up until about 2 years ago I didn't know what trap, and skeet actually were. I grew up taught it was called shooting clays, clay birds, or clay pigeons npt trap as did a couple other hunting buddies. I didn't know that it was actually called trap until a shooting buddy took me to an actual clay range. My grandpa was a founder of the Coon Club so that's where I grew up watching people shoot clays, and shooting clays. Skeet is a whole different deal to me. Anyway I just found out the clay range I go to has wobble trap so I am thinking of giving it a try this weekend. Anyone ever shot wobble trap? I'm looking for something as close as possible to shooting in the field without the expense of 5 stand or sporting clays.

2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have yet to try it. I shoot trap ever weekend but not wobble. Some of the guys at my club shoot it all the time. The closest thing to hunting is sporting clays. At my club it cost the same as trap to do sporting clays. 100 clays is $22. I find shooting clays much more fun then pistols in an indoor range.

3. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have heard of wobble trap, but have never seen anyone shoot it. As far as regular trap, my buddy bought a remote control launcher last year. We were getting too good shooting them with my table launcher that i made. Being even with the launcher we were hitting easily 20+ out of 25, but as soon as we moved back 16 yards to simulate (as best we can trap conditions) we stink! I can only hit 12 out of 25 avg now. Hard to believe 16 yards can make that much difference.:eek:

gvw3 likes this.
  4. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It takes a long time to get good at trap. My son beats me almost every week. He is a solid 90-97 out of 100 shooter. I shoot in the mid 80,s most of the time. He was in the shoot off last year in our ATA computation. He didn't win but at least he was in. There are some guys in our club that are very good. 95-100 every week.

I shoot about the same up to the 21 yard line. Past that I fall off. Could be the 66 year old eyes.

joe45c likes this.
  5. FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven Well-Known Member

The closes range with sporting clays is about an hour, and a half away and that's if you're speeding with no traffic. Which it is right by an amusement park so there is always traffic. So that's out of the question unless me, and a couple buddies make a road trip for the day.

6. betarace

betarace New Member

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

You are starting to dig up some pretty old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.