The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran across some and want to know if any one has used then before..good price on them. $20.00/ 1000

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have about 2k of them because they were cheap.

You want them, come and get 'em.

I've had nothing but problems due to inconsistant size.

·
Super Moderator
44,787 Posts
The last few times I bought primers, they have either been Wolf or Tula, which are about the same thing. No problems at all.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
All my Wolf primers needed just a hair more pressure to seat, but all fired no problem. I use small pistol std, small pistol magnum, and large pistol magnum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use Tula primers. They're the same as Wolf.

They seat fine for me. I find they're about as hard as a CCI primer.

Over my chronograph I can find no significant difference in variation from CCI primers, which was my go to primer.

My average velocities are a bit slower. We're talking a difference so small it has to be averaged over hundreds of rounds.

I just ordered two sleeves of Tula Primers last Friday, so I put my money where my mouth is.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I find NO advantage paying 10-14$ more for Win,Rem,CCI,etc primers.I like Wolf and use Tula for all my LR needs.I figure if you pay 28.00 locally/same as ordering cheap and paying hazmat/shpg.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
If you didn't buy them, they're probably gone now. Buy what you can if they're available and need them. I haven't personally reloaded with them, but my friend has and we've fired them without a single problem.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
i saw a few boxes at a show a few months ago at 20$ a box and STILL kick myself for not getting them.. have not been able to find them at the local shows. have a big one coming up. if i find them I'll grab a case of lrp at least...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts