The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfe Publishing has a web page called "Load Data" and within that site is data fro....well, I think it said there was over 300,000 loads. There's a fee of I think $34.00 and some change to join and have access to the data. Has anyone ever availed themselves of this resource? Looks like they have quite a bit of data for an abundance of cartridges. I'll post a link.

Load Data | The Best Reloading Manual Online

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Wolfe Publishing has a web page called "Load Data" and within that site is data fro....well, I think it said there was over 300,000 loads. There's a fee of I think $34.00 and some change to join and have access to the data. Has anyone ever availed themselves of this resource? Looks like they have quite a bit of data for an abundance of cartridges. I'll post a link.

Load Data | The Best Reloading Manual Online
I use it from time to time. You can find most of the same data in manuals, and you should have several manuals, but Load Data give you a wide view of loadings for a huge number of cartridges listed by caliber.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
$34.00 that will buy maybe 100 primers. a lot of free data out there, why pay?

rick
I understand but most manuals all carry info on the same, common cartridges. I have yet to see any load data in a manual for an 8X72r Sauer or 297/250 Rook. Me thinks Vic is looking for resources for uncommon cartridges.

·
Super Moderator
40,189 Posts
Is this the same Wolfe that makes gun springs?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is this the same Wolfe that makes gun springs?
No. Wolfe publishes monthly magazines such as Hand Loader, and Rifle. Hand Loader has for me been a great wealth of loading info for many years. I real like the “Powder Profile” column as to glean insight of gunpowders I mite want to try.

Wolf ammunition was made in Russia by Tula, but since 2009 has their ammo manufactured elsewhere in Europe.

·
GUNZILLA
6,498 Posts
I'm always skeptical of online references but I am a skeptic by nature. If you think that you can get information you need that published manuals you have do not offer I would consider it. Is there a way that you could peruse the website to see if they have data that suits your particular shooting style and needs and if they do than it would be a good investment of $34 for the year. Especially if you can down load the data and than print it for future reference. My skepticism comes in that like a lifetime warranty, it is only as good as the company is in business. The same applies to this website.

·
Super Moderator
40,189 Posts
I know about Wolf ammo, I did not know about Wolfe publishing.

·
Super Moderator
27,000 Posts
I use it from time to time. You can find most of the same data in manuals, and you should have several manuals, but Load Data give you a wide view of loadings for a huge number of cartridges listed by caliber.
Do they have any data for a 6mm Rem using Vectan T3000 powder?

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You guys have asked some questions I can't answer and I have other questions for them I can't find answers for. I'd seen the site before but as they charged for the data I wasn't of the mind to pay for it, as Manny said, because so much is available free. Firpo hit the nail on the head. They have at least some data you aren't going to find in any manual, anywhere, any time. Check your books for data for an 8 X 60R Magnum. I'll guarantee none of you will find it unless you happen to have a Rottweil loading manual. Then you need Rottweil powders. There is some information as to what powders of ours interchange with Rottweil but it's both minimal and scarce. Load Data has probably 40 loads for the cartridge. After comparing cartridges, loads, powders with various bullets in various rifles over the past 40 years I've gotten a pretty good feel for what will and won't work, ia or is not safe. So, Id be comfortable making a choice from their data.

The thing that confuses/concerns me about the site is if you look for the 8 X 60R on their site, it shows it "not found" but a search on line turns it up. Same with 8.15 X 46R and several other cartridges I tried to find on their site. Maybe that all changes if a fella subscribes but I don't know that. Soooooo....I don't know if I'll shell out the $34.00 or not.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I found this on Graf&Sons website as a PDF download. This is data from Vectan. Though they did not have load data for the 6mm Remington, but with the burn rate chart with the gunpowders list and the Vectan 243 Winchester load data you should be able to inference a load for your 6mm Remington.

Note. Ignore the load data for 6mm PPC and 6mm BR. Both those cartridges are irrelevant to you, but they are to me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
A good resource. Kinda reminds me of the couple sattelite TV systems available--240 chanels/calibers or some such BS but who ever used more than 10-12 or maybe 20???

·
Super Moderator
27,000 Posts
I found this on Graf&Sons website as a PDF download. This is data from Vectan. Though they did not have load data for the 6mm Remington, but with the burn rate chart with the gunpowders list and the Vectan 243 Winchester load data you should be able to inference a load for your 6mm Remington.

Note. Ignore the load data for 6mm PPC and 6mm BR. Both those cartridges are irrelevant to you, but they are to me.
View attachment 240328 View attachment 240329
Thank you, but I have that entire load data manual. Got it for free when I ordered powder from them. The only two calibers that I load that aren't in there, 380 acp and 6mm Rem. The 6mm Rem BR is a different case.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I'll check early tomorrow for you. Not familiar with Ventana myself.

Reactions: howlnmad

·
GUNZILLA
6,498 Posts
The thing that confuses/concerns me about the site is if you look for the 8 X 60R on their site, it shows it "not found" but a search on line turns it up. Same with 8.15 X 46R and several other cartridges I tried to find on their site. Maybe that all changes if a fella subscribes but I don't know that. Soooooo....I don't know if I'll shell out the $34.00 or not.
It is a valid concern, if they had it or the data input was entered correctly it should have shown up when you first entered. This could be the type of bait they use to hook you in, than once you pay and it is not there you are out $34. Some of the marketing schemes are pretty devious. Question now is Vic, how bad is this going to eat at you since it's only $34, or do you pay $300 for a Dr's visit to the office because you got an ulcer wondering.

Reactions: sharps4590

·
Premium Member
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I could get some loads for the 10 or 12 cartridges I want more data for, it would be worth it.

I did find the 8.15 X 46R data. They showed two loads. I have a bunch more that that in my notebook

Reactions: flintlock

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thank you, but I have that entire load data manual. Got it for free when I ordered powder from them. The only two calibers that I load that aren't in there, 380 acp and 6mm Rem. The 6mm Rem BR is a different case.
I know that 6mm BR is different. That is why I said to ignore that data. The reason I didn’t edit out was I have firearm in 6mm PPC, I also have considered a 6mm BR, so collet any and all load data for those two cartridges.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts