The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, I have these guns to choose from and currently have other rifles and shotguns so do not necessarily have a specific need, just curious as to which one has the most value or stands out or should I just choose the one that is the most expensive? I probably wouldn't look to sell it but if so is there one better for resale?
Thanks!
Winchester 1894 Deluxe Short Rifle Lever-Action Centerfire Rifle
winchester-model-1866-deluxe-octagon-lever-action-rifle
Benelli Ethos Semi-Auto Shotgun with Nickel Engraved Receiver
Benelli Montefeltro Silver Featherweight Semi-Auto Shotgun
winchester-model-101-deluxe-field-overunder-shotgun

·
Administrator
11,925 Posts
I personally would go with the Winchester Model 1866 in .45 Colt. I don't care much for shotguns and already have a Model 94 in 30-30.
I would have chose that, but the Cabela's ad says 38 special.

·
Super Moderator
40,005 Posts
Right under the price there is a little box that says "Please choose", then you can select .38 or .45, at least what I am looking at shows it.

·
No Power Options
13,342 Posts
Short rifle looks like the ticket here. While I like all the others, caliber/Gauge choice sucks a biggie.

EDIT::::LMAO......now that I see there is a choice it`s in the air now.

·
Banned
122 Posts
Take the 45 lever gun. You can shoot 44 mag level ammo in them. Unless you are a shotgun hunter. The 45 lever gun will keep it's value forever, any shotgun not so much

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,396 Posts
Everyone should have a '94 in their inventory... I think it is a written rule somewhere...:unsure:

·
Premium Member
17,889 Posts
Take the 45 lever gun. You can shoot 44 mag level ammo in them. Unless you are a shotgun hunter. The 45 lever gun will keep it's value forever, any shotgun not so much
I have 2 .45 colt rifles. A '73 and a henry, i don't think i would want to shoot .44 mag ammo in them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 2 .45 colt rifles. A '73 and a henry, i don't think i would want to shoot .44 mag ammo in them.
Thanks for the input so far. At first glance I was leaning towards the 1894, I also like the 1866 but have never had a rifle in .45 so thought it would be something different. The Benelli shotguns are tempting but keep going back to the rifles. Too many choices and don't want to regret my decision and I have to make a decision by tomorrow.

The Winchester 101 over under would be nice too. But the best thing of all for the OP is you didn't enter this raffle, or he wouldn't have this dilemma.;)
Very true, I'm stressed but in a good way for once in my life!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts