World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Photo Album' started by Guest, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

gorourke
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/01 10:49:20 pm)
    | Del All World Trade Center
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Following is a series of photos I took today from Fulton Street and Broadway, just a few blocks from what was the World Trade Center. All of the pictures are looking west, the tall building still standing in the background is Two World Financial Center. The North Tower should be blocking it from view. I would like to have taken more photos but the area is just to uncomfortable to stay for any length of time without a respirator and eye protection. I was there for about 20 minutes, but between the smoke and the feelings of dread and anger that began to well up in me I had to go. The other photos were from up town. The one of the vendors already profiting from this tragedy had me pissed, but people were buying the souvenirs like they were at Disney World. The last photo needs no commentary.

P. Gary
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/17/01 11:19:18 am)
    | Del Re: World Trade Center
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.Gary
    Thanks for sharing these photos,, it must have been very difficult to be there and take them,, and you are right about the "profiteers",but we have always had those types,,

Stan H,, nighthawk

Genog
    (9/17/01 11:58:58 am)
    Thanks for sharing those pictures. I don't think I would have the strength to visit, but on the other hand I feel like I have the strength to defend this great nation...
    Geno G God Bless America

homer4
    (9/19/01 5:08:46 pm)
    P,
    Thanks for the pictures of the area, it must have been very difficult to take both physically what with the air being so contaminated causing your breathing to be difficult and your eyes to be strained...

...but also emotionaly also and undoubtably even more so with the enormity of it all.

It's a bit of pride for New Yorker's to have the image and reputation of being tough and resilient...we hope that you and Winter are the typical 'Yankee'. For that matter may all of America have the same mind and resiliency.

...and two hard boiled eggs.

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/28/01 5:57:31 pm)
    Thanks for sharing your pictures with us, P. Gary.

How you doin' these days?

{{{HUGS}}}
    Sharon