The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm brand new to reloading other than some Lee Loader experience back in my college days. I've done about a months worth of reading and internet research before cranking out my first 10 "test" rounds today. Here's what I loaded, 9mm 124 gr TMJ bullets, 4.8 gr of Unique, and CCI 500 SPP's. I could not find in my manuals or online an exact duplicate for these components. I loaded them to a 1.128" OAL which I'm wondering is too short? Has anyone had experience with 124 gr TMJ bullets? These are milsurp pulls. I'm thinking I should be perhaps a little longer but it's a fairly mild load so what do you'all think? Any advise or insight would be appreciated. These were loaded on a Lee Turret press using the Deluxe Carbide 4-Piece dies and to be fired out of a Glock 19.

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
It's a mild one, all right. Under minimum, according to Speer #12 (5.2 to 5.8). I don't think your size is going to be a problem. You are a whole seven/one-thousands of an inch under the Speer load with a 124 TMJ. Wow. .007 shorter. :eek:

No, I wouldn't worry about it, if it was me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the Speer manual, I take it that it calls for an OAL of 1.135" and 5.2 to 5.8 of Unique behind a 124 gr TMJ, thanks for the response.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
" I could not find in my manuals or online an exact duplicate for these components."---Gulfstream
So, why did you start with that ?
Because it was close ? Then go with it. You are in the safe range.
If your specs are what you say, my manuals say you're safe.
If anything, you are under-safe.
Read all for the components you have.......get as close as you can
in matching, and load, shoot, and tweak from that point.
If you mean [surely] 9x19mm.......I load 5.0gr Unique with 125gr JHP
and 1.075" OAL Sierra JHP #8125 and a 1.16max OAL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"So, why did you start with that?"

I prfetty much had to because of the availability of bullets...at least not at some astronomical price. Thanks for the information, I think I'll give it a shot, no pun intended. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts