Would you believe?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/8/02 9:41:41 am)
    Reply Would you believe?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well after many hours of messing with my S&W 422, which never ran well, I went to the range yesterday and got through 200rnds with no malfunctions. I was dumb founded.

The gun has been to Smith 4 times with no help and the most I ever got through it without a malfunction was 40rnds. It still can't hit the broad side of the barn but some of that could be the loose nut behind the trigger

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/8/02 10:03:34 am)
    Reply Re: Would you believe?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good deal Smoky, I had to try the 422 when they 1st came out, and was pleasantly surprised with it.

Question though... have you changed ammo... anything different?

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/8/02 1:00:37 pm)
    Reply Re: Would you believe?
    Oh yes many changes. No matter what ammo I used the gun refused to run. Smith had it so many times that I had as much in shipping as the gun cost. Must have been during the British ownership.

I worked the feed ramp, the extractor, and polished anything I could get my hands on. I used wal-mart Rem and Winchester super X yesterday and it feed 100rnds of each.

I figured I didn't have much to loose and it kept me out of the pump house