Would you stop?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Alpo, Jan 15, 2019.

1. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

One of those questions that's easy to answer sitting in my warm house.
    That being said, I'd like to think I'd still have some of the same sense that agrees with the OP. Mash the gas, duck down and hope he doesn't get a lucky shot.
    Stopping doesn't guarantee he doesn't shoot you anyway. Probably guarantees he doesn't miss..

2. camaro man

camaro man Well-Known Member

if I KNOW it is a bad guy, my window will come down with my arm out the window holding my pistol.
    let the chips fall

tedwitt likes this.

3. MAUSERMYAR-15&ME

MAUSERMYAR-15&ME New Member

Would it be possible to change
    directions and drive away?

tedwitt likes this.
  4. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Good Morning All...These early morning hours spent reading and evaluating some
    hypothetical circumstances, makes for a day of running thoughts thru your head ...kinda
    like hearing an old song or melody and doing the same with it...Dang, in these long
    years I've been driving and/or operating alls sorts of vehicles and prime movers have
    never once been faced with a comparable scenerio....Farm tractors, government
    vehicles, school buses in African nations, trucks and trailers with radiation signs and
    colors...
    Once in about 1965 I was a crew member a Navy radiation colored truck and
    trailer up around where the Little Big Horn battle ground was located...A highway
    patrolmen pulled us over...crew chief, Dick Miller was driving and we other 3 crew
    members got out of the truck and listened to the LE fellow chew on Chief Miller.
    Seeming about mid-way thru the a**-reaming, Dick tossed the truck keys to the
    Cop and declared, "You've just been put in charge of this rig and all the stuff back there
    in the trailer"......! Of course the cop 'back-watered' very rapidly and tossed the keys
    back to old Dick and declared something about continuing to travel safely....kinda
    stumbled back to his patrol rig...killed the flashing lights and took off...Hey, I know this old
    navy tale has nothing to apply to those questions posed here...I've related this story
    many times....on that same trip on that very hot afternoon, one of the CO2 fire
    extinguishers we had on the back of the trucks cab, it's pressure lifted due to the heat...it
    sounded much louder than a round leaving a mortar tube...all the 'sixes' there in the
    cab tighted to the point you couldn't have forced a greased flax seed up them!!!
    Kinda figured the cop had returned to vent some rage on us!!! Chief

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  5. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I suppose you could say you just didn't see him & given the horrible condition of most of our roads & highways, simply thought it was another pot hole. Things happen mighty fast at eighty plus mph's.

carver, Grizzley1 and tedwitt like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If I knew it was a cop I would stop. If not I would hit the gas. If he got off a lucky shot and got me so be it. At least he would be going with me.

tedwitt, carver and howlnmad like this.
  7. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

I don't see whereas a cop or anyone else has a right to point a deadly weapon at me, so gas pedal it is.

tedwitt likes this.