The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am meeting a top 100 Internet Seller from out of State, (FFL) on or about Jan 4th to pass off about 7-8 Firearms to sell online. (Long time friend.)

Bennelli Super Nova 12ga. Tactical w/mag extension. NIB, and a few other nice specimens. High Standard mdl 200 deluxe, Remington Automaster, And about 4-6 handguns.

I have two very nice FN FNS .40cal's. One with a safety, one without, with two mags ea. In nice hard cases. I am torn with parting with one of the two. (Prob. Keep the one w/a safety.) Probably $6-700 nowadays. What say you?

What would U do? Now seems to B the time to sell.

I'd like to keep them both, but the $$ seems ridiculous right now.

(Talk me out of it.)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to post photo's. Not working. Will throw some on here AM, when my Internet "Service" miraculously reappears.

·
Premium Member
12,300 Posts
Purely my thoughts; First as Willie mentioned, if you're going to regret it, don't. Secondly, if you have something reasonably close in the stable to replace it and you like it better, sell them.

I've sold only a very few I regret selling and a couple of those I just sold too soon. The rest, I almost don't remember owning them until one comes up in conversation or I see one like it.

Reactions: accident and joe45c

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got two of these. Identical, except one w/safety one without. Both like new.

·
Premium Member
12,300 Posts
I don't even know what that is.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Do you have other 9s?
Why did you buy them to begin with?
I've never even handled a FN so I don't know what the appeal is over other similar pistols.

Sometimes it's good to thin the herd.

Many grow old and come to the point where we don't shoot all that much anymore. If you have no one to pass them
on to, then selling them before you get to that point makes sense.

It's probably still a seller's market and who knows how long this will last.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I am meeting a top 100 Internet Seller from out of State, (FFL) on or about Jan 4th to pass off about 7-8 Firearms to sell online. (Long time friend.)

Bennelli Super Nova 12ga. Tactical w/mag extension. NIB, and a few other nice specimens. High Standard mdl 200 deluxe, Remington Automaster, And about 4-6 handguns.

I have two very nice FN FNS .40cal's. One with a safety, one without, with two mags ea. In nice hard cases. I am torn with parting with one of the two. (Prob. Keep the one w/a safety.) Probably $6-700 nowadays. What say you?

What would U do? Now seems to B the time to sell.

I'd like to keep them both, but the $$ seems ridiculous right now.

(Talk me out of it.)
I did this about 7-8yrs ago, guns I didn't shoot or had doubles of, I was running out of room! 8yrs later, and not only back where I started, even less room. Tell Kasey I said Hi when she picks em up! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I feel your pain...4 yrs ago we moved from Iowa to Arizona and at the time I had 3...14 gun safes...plus a 4' fireproof file cabinet that I stored my handguns in...that move prompted me to thin out some firearms...and just keep 2 of the 14 gun safes...and also sell the file cabinet...3 handguns, 3 rimfire rifles, and 5 shotguns were sold and to tell you the truth I very much regret that decision today...so think long and hard about your decision.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I recently made a 2200 mile move, when it came to deciding what would go into the 26’ truck my 250 firearms and several safes were the first inside quickly followed by tens of thousands of rounds of ammo ( in ammo cans). The final cut came and found my tools and other precious items in the garage untouched, there just was not room but my firearms many of which I cannot replace are safely stored in the seven safes my next door neighbor and I have.
I have never been much of a firearms seller ( trades and give always not withstanding) as I tend to buy high and give away or sell low so the other person has no complaints, a business man I ain’t".
Any firearm you sell will cause you numerous “ I had one of those” interjections into a conversion and regret the loss for years to come. I gave three Hi Powers away to friends so I had to make my circle smaller.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grizzly2 - those two FN's are .40cal not 9's. FN's are very nice firearms, def some of the best. (Akin to Sigs.) Will be selling a Taurus 740 Slim (another .40) because I also have two of those. Several 9's that I am keeping.

Will go back through the Safe to see what else I can part with. Trying to make a painful cut. Trust me, I will still have (a'hem) a few. Now is the time to sell.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WillyB - won't B any "gouging" to it. Auction - will go to market value, not forcing someone or asking them to pay more than they want to in order to own it/win the bid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I sold a few over the years.
Tight times dictated most of those decisions.
I had one great big "kick myself" sale.
Webley .455 Revolver.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
I sold a few over the years.
Tight times dictated most of those decisions.
I had one great big "kick myself" sale.
Webley .455 Revolver.
I’d like to add an old Webley .455 to the collection. Totally “inadequate“ by today’s standard for self defense yet somehow that big slow low pressure round seemed to knock em in the dirt. People must’ve been weaker back then.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,570 Posts
I don't have (in my mind) a lot of guns. I have never sold a gun and don't plan on starting now. About 12 years ago I wanted to build a collection I could enjoy on my retirement. When I am gone they all go to my wife and she knows what to do with them. They will end up going to my son and a few to one of my daughters. My 3 grandsons will also get a few.

·
Super Moderator
40,005 Posts
The question is "Would I" - that is somewhat hard to answer. I have, in the past, sold a lot of guns. Later on, I have been sorry for selling every one of then, well maybe except for those two Glocks.

I am in that same boat now, I would like to sell some of my guns, just to thin things down a little. I keep a printed list of all my guns, more than once in the past few months I have taken the list and sat down to pick out the guns that I will not mind getting rid of. I end up throwing the list back on my desk because I have nothing that I want to part with. I think I have 12 AR's, who needs a dozen AR's? - No one that I can think of, but the problem is that I don't want to sell any of them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts