The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
$1.00 per primer. If you complain it ill jump to $2.00 a primer. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
I bought 2000 Large Rifle Magnum primers today at my LGS for $70 and I thought that was way too high, but it is the going rate here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can get Large Rifle Magnum for $3.11/ 100 Thats on the cheap side here locally. But everyone in this state is out of Large Rifle and Small Rifle.

·
Super Moderator
41,421 Posts
$31.10 for 1000 is a pretty good price. I would buy the Magnum ones instead of the regular ones. Just start your load at the minimum and work it up until you get the accuracy that you are looking for. My LGS had boxes and boxes of all kind and manufacturers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
$1.00 Per primer ? Ha, i'm trying to save money reloading not spend more!
Well you don't say you'll pay premium prices then pal. Just a joke tho. They are expensive everywhere pay what ever it says just to get em.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Was considering loading the 22-250 with magnum primers, Gun dealer guy recommended loading with 8 - 10% less powder. I was going to research it tonight

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
Looking to buy some Small And Large Rifle Primers! Willing to pay top dollar! PM me!
Thanks!
PM you with what?

Shipping primers requires a Hazardous Materials set up. You and I cannot ship primers, no how no way.

Buy em locally or buy em from and Authorized On-line dealer.

Troll, maybe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I work in the wireline industry, we ship RDX-80 on a daily basis. It literally takes 5 minutes to set up hazardous shipping.

Straight From UPS
You, as the shipper, may ship specific hazardous materials in specific quantities as outlined in the chemical table as long as you fully comply with all governmental regulations and UPS variations.

Google RDX-80 Detonator Cord. We ship 3-400lbs of this stuff, 1 OZ will blow an arm off.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Back when the supplies came back on the shelves summer 2008, I spent 4 gran in Sportsmans one day. They gave me 10% off plus and I got more than enough powder & primers for my grandkid's grandkids. They'll be killin moose & caribou 30-40 years after I've left this earth and that gives me peace.

After all this blows over in 5-6 months, the supplies will be back on shelves and then everybody should stock on up; then it's off your mind for good no joke.

·
Banned
2,751 Posts
It literally takes 5 minutes to set up hazardous shipping.
Cool , run through the Step-By-Step for us on how we can set a Haz-Mat shipping set-up in 5 minutes. Then we can all ship primers and powder all over the country without a hitch.

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dakotahross88

If you go to H&H you live in OK. Go to Prauge. Davenports has a good supply as of 1-9-13.
The are on the main north south rd.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I Was considering loading the 22-250 with magnum primers, Gun dealer guy recommended loading with 8 - 10% less powder. I was going to research it tonight
No problem doing this. I only use magnums in everything. I find it gives lowere spreads and better velocity overall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts