The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to set up a WW I display for our Ellis County Museum in Waxahachie, Texas. I think we need a Model 91, not a 91/30, etc. Are we correct?

Others of course will be a US 1917 Enfield, British Enfield and an Italian M91, I think. We have the German and Austro-Hungarian models.

Thanks, Honest John

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks. This should be a fun project with me donating the ones they are missing. Surprisingly difficult to find representative models.
I guess I am not clear on this: Are you looking for people to donate arms to the museum, or are you looking to find an excuse to buy some for yourself;)? I suppose there are many of us with 'Museum Quality' arms stashed away in our own little collections. I really have thought about donating some, but I'm not sure how it all works. I know that I have some that I hate the thought of ending up being sold off at some auction or estate sale after I kick the bucket. I'd rather they go someplace to be appreciated as I have appreciated them. There are a few I've reserved for my grandson, but my sons never got into it.

I know if I ever do donate anything to a museum, I am going to vet the heck out of it and have it done by legal contract.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I am not clear on this: Are you looking for people to donate arms to the museum, or are you looking to find an excuse to buy some for yourself;)? I suppose there are many of us with 'Museum Quality' arms stashed away in our own little collections. I really have thought about donating some, but I'm not sure how it all works. I know that I have some that I hate the thought of ending up being sold off at some auction or estate sale after I kick the bucket. I'd rather they go someplace to be appreciated as I have appreciated them. There are a few I've reserved for my grandson, but my sons never got into it.

I know if I ever do donate anything to a museum, I am going to vet the heck out of it and have it done by legal contract.
I plan to buy them then make a donation. An agreement will be signed. You are allowed to deduct the value from taxable income.
For me I want to complete a very nice display. For you it would guarantee the future of your special pieces.
Of course if someone else wants to donate or give me a good price that would be great. Thanks. Loom

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sounds to me like a noble quest. I wish you luck! When you find arms that you are seeking, be sure to come back to TFF. There are a lot of really great people here with information that will help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts