WW II era pistol holster for .455 auto loader.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by davidnamandabugg, Apr 22, 2009.

1. davidnamandabugg

davidnamandabugg New Member

Can anyone tell me anything about The Royal Horse Artillery equipment, I have what I believe is a WWII era leather pistol shoulder holster for Webley & Scott .455 caliber auto loader. And I am looking for info on it.

RHA and the crown symbol is stamped in the leather.

DSCF1201.JPG

DSCF1202.JPG

DSCF1212.jpg

2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I am not an expert on military holsters, even through I've seen and used a lot. But that looks like no military gear I've ever seen. Might be wrong, Like I said I'm no expert.

3. davidnamandabugg

I was thinking British Military, I have researched the Royal Horse Artillery (RHA) a little and I found that some soldiers used the Webley & Scott .455 caliber auto loader. This holster is the exact size for that weapon. Thanks for the response RJay. If you run across any info or know some one who might have knowledge of the RHA please let me know. Thanks again.

4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

It really is too ornate for any British Military unit, even for.parade gear. Plus the British were never too keen on bullet loops. I believe it is a commercial unit.

5. They guy to ask about that here on TFF would likely be TranterUK, David. He has considerable background in historic British military equipment.

6. davidnamandabugg

Thanks Pistolenschutze. How can I contact him to look at this post?

7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

If I know Tranter he'll look.

8. davidnamandabugg

Thanks everyone, I have a double barrel .410 I need to list on here also, it has Field London engraved in the rail between the barrels. Everyone has been very helpful, knowledgeable and excellent to interact with. Hopefully I will get some info and history on this holster.

David

9. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

He did, he did...

I have seen a lot of military equipment and never one like this. It is not UK issue holster, and I am not at all sure about the stamps. It may be private purchase, but there is no way to find out. Also it seems really good condition, almost new in fact. It looks well made, too well made, good stitching and some decoration.

No, the large RHA stamps look wrong, and the crowns look very wrong. I am unable to identify it. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
  10. davidnamandabugg

Thanks TranterUK, does anyone know the approx. value?