The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I come across a WW 1 1917 style rifle with side loading gate. I thought this was a 1917 Remington but on top of the receiver is marked Steyr also a tag that says unknown caliber.
Any info on this would be apprieated.

· TFF Chaplain
22,876 Posts
PICTURES - whole gun, both sides, clear close-ups of all markings.
Armo, these are really good guys, extremely knowledgeable and willing to help;
The guys on the forum just love to help others out. But unfortunately we get two kinds of newbies who ask questions here.

Some are "one and done". They ask their question, get their answer, and then fail to say thank you. They just disappear.

The other is someone who asks a question, but fails to give enough information to provide any kind of answer. Help us help you by providing the pictures gdmoody requested. If you need help posting pictures, we can help.

· Registered
9,452 Posts
The other is someone who asks a question, but fails to give enough information to provide any kind of answer. Help us help you by providing the pictures gdmoody requested. If you need help posting pictures, we can help.
Exactly!!!! How are we supposed to know what we're looking at when we can't look at it?

· Premium Member
4,371 Posts
It's good your do your research and I hope if it is what you want it is still available . I remember one time came across a old rifle and like you wanted to know more about it . I went back several times to take pictures of the rifle and its proof marks and stuff but after I finally figured "yep I want it " the dang thing had got sold !!!! :mad: 😭:mad:😭!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts