The Firearms Forum banner

WWII 1944 walther pp

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  acowboydan 
#1 · (Edited)
OK My Dear Friend has put me up to the task of getting any info for this gun.
From what i have found out it was made in 1944. but i am lost after that. i am hoping to get any or all info as possable from your members with vast knowledge on firearms, and if its worth anything. like wasit used during the war would it be possable to find out who had this gun. and one of the grips is broken do you think it would be some waht east to find a replacement that is oem not a reproduction. (should he hang on to it because it will be worth more later or sell it now) oohh and one more thing it fires the first round then sticks i have had two so called "gun smiths" say they could not figure it out. Has anyone eles had this problem? is there a possable fix?
I put the pictures on photobucket so it would save sapace on your server there is a total of 60 i will post some in thumb size and if you need more I added the link to the whole set. any other questions please ask. I am sorry if the pic's being on another site is a violation of the rules. it is faster to load the pics and post them when on photobucket.

http://s1028.photobucket.com/albums/y348/acowboydan2001/Brandon/

See less See more
#2 ·
A lot of questions, but here goes. The pistol was accepted by the military and has the WaffenAmt (Army Weapons Office) acceptance stamp. There is no way to know who it was issued to or who used it or, if anyone did, what the circumstances might have been.

Barring the presence of some marks you have not shown, the gun appears to be a regular Walther PP of the mid to late WWII period. It appears to be in good condition, and I would say its value is around $600-700. Obviously, the value will increase over time, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic increase in the near term.

Unless there are "capture papers" or a family history, there is also no way to know who brought it to this country or where it has been.

Without actually looking at the gun, I would have no idea why it hangs up. There might be a problem with the magazine or even with the ammunition as some bullet shapes will activate the slide stop. I will note that those guns were made for ammunition using full metal jacket bullets, not some of the current hollow point bullets. Sometimes tracking down that kind of problem can be very time consuming and frustrating, and I expect the gunsmiths you consulted just didn't feel like bothering with it since they could not charge enough to cover their time.

Original WWII Walther grips are sometimes found at gun shows, but are scarce. Both post-war grips and reproduction grips are available. Further, the PP is still in production in the U.S. and current grips should fit. Gun Parts Corp. (www.gunpartscorp.com) has post war PP grips for around $45.

HTH

Jim

#3 ·
Nice gun. I dont know squat about those but have been reading everything on here about them. I like them tremdously but dont have one. :(You will have many members here give you information about that piece. Enjoy the ride!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.