The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Here I am with another tough nut to try and crack.
I have a WW ll Japanese rifle with some Japanese characters preceding a serial number of 35793 followed by three interlinked cirles. So far as I know it was standard issue. I have the dust cover as well as the bayonet.
Does anyone have any idea of what I have and its possible value?
Thank you as always for any help you can give.
Eric G

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Eric, not trying to be snotty, but you really need to post pictures if you want any answers. It's like if you posted "How much is my Chevy worth?" without any pictures, mileage, condition, Year, Model or anything.

If you can, post a clear picture of 1.) the whole rifle, 2.) the top and sides of the receiver (the main part), 3.) the front and the rear sights, 4.) and the bolt (handle), as well as any markings intact or not.

Hope to hear from you and see those pictures soon! Jim

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
Hello all,
Here I am with another tough nut to try and crack.
I have a WW ll Japanese rifle with some Japanese characters preceding a serial number of 35793 followed by three interlinked cirles. So far as I know it was standard issue. I have the dust cover as well as the bayonet.
Does anyone have any idea of what I have and its possible value?
Thank you as always for any help you can give.
Eric G
Shouldn't be too tough a nut to crack, but pictures are necessary to determine which model you have - as in Type 38, 44, 99 etc. As far as the three interlinked circles go, as best I recall one large circle with three smaller ones on the periphery at roughly 12, 5 and 7 o'clock indicates Kokura Arsenal, wheras a large circle stacked atop a smaller one, all within a circle, indicates Nagoya Arsenal. The dust cover and bayonet are a plus no matter which model you have. Pictures please.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
One hole in the front receiver ring would be a Type 99, two holes would be a Type 38. If you can't come up with pictures, Google Arisaka Type 99 and Arisaka Type 38 and you'll figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts