The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im relatively new to the concealed carry scene. Currently i have an xd-40 subcompact in a crossbreed supertuck, but for warmer climates i need some way to conceal in a t shirt. Ive found the urban carry holster to be everything i wanted in a holster but i still need a smaller pistol. So my question is does anyone have any experience carrying an xds or glock 42 in this holster? Id rather carry the xds 9mm for mag capacity and firepower, but if it doesnt conceal well in this holster id go with the glock. Im a reasonably big guy at 5'11" and 240lbs.

·
Registered
21,277 Posts
I've worn a cross breed type iwb holster with nothing under it and just a tee shirt over it before

·
Super Moderator
28,611 Posts
My son wears an AlienGear IWB with his XDs and loves it. You can wear them against your skin and not know that they are there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son wears an AlienGear IWB with his XDs and loves it. You can wear them against your skin and not know that they are there.
I wear tighter t shirts so i would print really bad in the summer, so an iwb wont cut it. And i want to be able to bend and reach without flashing my little friend. Thats why im looking at the urban carry. I want something that i can carry in any clothing and with the fit of my jeans, these holsters would be perfect. Anyone have experience with these?

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
The first thing you have to do to successfully carry a gun is to learn how to dress! I wear my shirts one size to large. I've carried a 1911 in a Yaqui style belt holster for years, and no one knows it's there but me. I carry it all year round, and don't have a problem at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first thing you have to do to successfully carry a gun is to learn how to dress! I wear my shirts one size to large. I've carried a 1911 in a Yaqui style belt holster for years, and no one knows it's there but me. I carry it all year round, and don't have a problem at all.
Once again, i dont have to compromise with this holster. Thats what im interested in. I already changed my wardrobe to carry an xd-40 subcompact perfectly concealed, but i get tired of worrying about my shirt getting caught, and i just want a change every so often, and i want the option of wearing anything i want every so often. Thats why im asking about the urban carry and not a traditional iwb.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Screenshot_2015-11-29-05-38-16.png Alian gear works really well. I love mine for my ruger LC9S. I know my cousin has it for the S&W M&P sheild 40. Very comfy just need a good belt and a T shirt that hangs just over it.
Another cool option is to have a custom leather bag made, I had a fellow make one with a built in holter. All leather, well made and custom to fit my CC. Not mine in picture but very simular bag. Hangs a little lower off belt and has a simple Celtics knot sheild on front flap. I Found him on Esty, he is also on Facebook and intagra under: Beastman Caravan.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Sorry, I open carry so it is not a problem for me.

Reactions: dbcooper

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Once again, i dont have to compromise with this holster. Thats what im interested in. I already changed my wardrobe to carry an xd-40 subcompact perfectly concealed, but i get tired of worrying about my shirt getting caught, and i just want a change every so often, and i want the option of wearing anything i want every so often. Thats why im asking about the urban carry and not a traditional iwb.
Every decision we make is a compromise. What I've learned down thru the years is muscle memory comes first. Meaning your draw has to be so practiced that you don't have to think about it at all, you just do it. That won't happen switching guns, and holster positions. You are new to this, just like all of us were at some point, so give your self some time, and you will figure out what's best. Look at what has been successful for others, and notice what others are avoiding!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every decision we make is a compromise. What I've learned down thru the years is muscle memory comes first. Meaning your draw has to be so practiced that you don't have to think about it at all, you just do it. That won't happen switching guns, and holster positions. You are new to this, just like all of us were at some point, so give your self some time, and you will figure out what's best. Look at what has been successful for others, and notice what others are avoiding!
my question is being avoided. I know everyone has their own thing that works for them,but im not asking for alternatives. I have my reasons to want this carry option, and thats all im interested in.

·
Premium Member
9,907 Posts
my question is being avoided. I know everyone has their own thing that works for them,but im not asking for alternatives. I have my reasons to want this carry option, and thats all im interested in.
I don't have any experience with this holster. I have no desire to have this holster and that seems to be the consensus here.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Your question is not being avoided, we simply have no experience with that particular holster, so we can't give you an opinion! But look at the posts. Are there any posts in favor of this holster? Are there any posts disapproving of this holster? However, if you want one, buy it. Most of here have a box full of holsters we thought we wanted, until we got them!:D And good luck with whatever holster you choose!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts