Yahoo just reported that Obama is NOT going to keep promise to ban assault weapons.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by bluesea112, Apr 16, 2009.

1. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

This is the last half of the news report I just read on Yahoo. The first part of the article talks about the problem with Mexican cartels, but I will just paste the important part here. The very last sentance irritates me, because the "Mexican Leaders" obviously don't base their opinions on facts.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

The White House is vowing more enforcement of gun laws. But it is not pursuing a promise Obama made as a candidate: a ban on assault-style weapons.
    That ban on military-style guns became law during the Clinton administration in 1994 but expired under the Bush administration in 2004. When Attorney General Eric Holder raised the idea of reinstating the ban this year, opposition from Democrats and Republicans emerged quickly.
    Reopening the debate on gun rights is apparently a fight the White House does not want to take on right now.
    "I think that there are other priorities that the president has," Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said this week. Mexican leaders, though, say the ban saved lives.

2. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Re: Yahoo just reported that Obama is NOT going to keep promise to ban assault weapon

Whose lives did it save ? The druggies ?

Mexico's problems are its own and stem from hundreds of years of oppression and corruption in its government. It makes Afghanistan look like a pre-school playground.

And its reported President Obama is going "south of the border" to give away more taxpayer's money, agree with Calderone on everything, and, no doubt, bowing to him as well..... >MW

3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Re: Yahoo just reported that Obama is NOT going to keep promise to ban assault weapon

Of course the ban saved lives in Mexico. Not a single leader in Mexico was scared to death by the looks of those evil, plotting, sneaky weapons assaulting them.

Pops

4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Obama does not have the support to manage a new AWB. Pelosi even stated that there is not enough interest to get one through. We need to see that future politicians that are elected into congress do not shore up enough support for them to try again.

5. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

So what was on that scrolling ticker that I saw, "interamericas arms contol"?

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

My dad's friend who is a grand poobah in the industry has said that the talk inside the beltway is that there is little merit to fearing an AWB in the next couple years, they do expect it but not immediately, and I would suspect very likely into Barack's second term (since they would be unlikely to win presidential election again, they would be more willing to take the political risk of supporting such an action).

I think this is accurate. I mostly ran out to buy my AR because of all you $%&! that don't think that way, and are driving my prices up ;). I figured better to get an AR for $900 when I can't afford it, than $2,000 when I can :D.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  7. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

$%&!? Did you just call me an $%&!?!!! :eek::eek::D:D:D:D
    I only have one thing to say to that... $%&!$%&! Vlad-E-Merio!!!! :D:D:D:D;)

mike
    gn

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
  8. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Fight nice, now children!;) Both of you need to go wash your mouth out with something that kills bad things, like a strait shot of good burbon!

Vladimir, I have to say that I agree with your dad's friend. I do believe that Obama, and Biden, will pursue a AWB ASAP, but most probably not within the next few years. Too much has surffaced since the election. Even a blind man could see that messing with our 2nd Amendment right now would not be a good thing!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  9. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

If Obozo signs us up for the International UN Small Arms Treaty, he won't have to pass the AWB through Congress, it will take effect immediately without any ratification from Congress, I think. If you think the AWB is bad news, you should take a look at the UN banned gun list. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

He can afford to appear to placate us, or retreat from his campaign promise, but it is on his agenda and he will not forget it. He has more than one way to skin that cat. :mad:

10. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Well thank goodness, now I can stop worrying about all this 'gun control' nonsense -

NOT! :eek:

11. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

Agree with MrKirker's sarcasm. The moment we drop our gaurd the enemy will rally his forces and attack.

12. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

It's a misdirection, mark my words, Obama has something up his sleeve!

I don't know what it is but it may have something to do with ammunition.

What ever it is it's going to come out of left field and surprise alot of people.

Call me paraniod if you like but something is up!

13. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I read the same thing in newsweek earlier this week. The Obamanation will pursue a ban on firearms, just not yet, the article stated. Never drop your gaurd.

14. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I get so tired of having to constantly fight to maintain a basic God given right to arm myself, that instead I should be able to enjoy and foster. I prayed every day that President Bush would take advantage of his Presidancy to permanently secure our 2nd amendment rights, so I could live out my days without having to carry the burden of a constant defense. The only time in my life that I have felt that I was not being attacked by the gun grabbers was right after September 11. That sure did not last long. I guess sheep must have a rather small brain, because they have an extremely short memory and are easily led astray.

15. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

The Senate has to aprove ALL treaties signed by the US. Slick Willy signed on to this Interamerica Arms Control thing during his tenure, but the Senate let it die in committee. Of course, since Barry Hussein the Kenyan Haji has no interest in doing anything by the Constitution, I'm looking for him to sign this POS and then to try say it's law. Barry needs to be thrown out of the White House, put on a plane, and sent back to Kenya so he can bow his head to the ground and pray five times a day with the rest of his family and countrymen:mad::mad::mad: