YEEEE HAAAAA!!!! ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/30/01 6:10:40 pm)
    | Edit | Del All YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, the daughter passed her Hunter Education course today and after being a little torqued......because I told her, I would not help her one bit.....she scored a 90 and was third in a class of 21......some as old as 40. Looks like a new gun may be in order.....maybe one for me too..........LTS
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

BlackGun
    (11/30/01 6:13:41 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congradulations LTS. I know your a proud PaPa! How old is your daughter? And what kind of gun are you planning on getting her?
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/30/01 6:19:53 pm)
    Just turned 14 and I`m looking hard again for a youth 1100 20ga synthetic. She`s got a .22.....don`t know why though can`t figure out why she got one???? She`s big on squirrels, but not with a rifle yet. She came home and said DEER!!! GEESH!!!! I like cleaning small stuff, so far she`s forgot about hogs, until she`s sees another..........

AGunguy
    (11/30/01 6:20:46 pm)
    Good on your daughter and you too. These are the things that make us proud. Congrats to you both.

GG

shooter22
    (11/30/01 6:36:36 pm)
    Good to here LTS, I'll keep an Eye out. She is smart huh? Must get here looks from her dad.

shooter22

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/30/01 7:49:19 pm)
    Shooter22, just so you know....the wife was born in New York city and no matter how hard she tries.....she ain`t Texas. Still eats off a upside down fork and such, so believe me when I say..... this was a big step if she would ever use a spork, I`d be in love all over again Daughter took to it like a duck to water, and has cleaned a few squirrels too....goes right after it...LTS

...think I`ll ask her if she`s ever cleaned a grizz....

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/30/01 9:52:25 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!
    Congrats....Dad & Daughter.
    Every right implies a responsibility;
    every opportunity an obligation;
    every possession a duty.
    You're both on your way!
    Keep enjoying it.
    Charlie D

gpostal
    (11/30/01 10:27:03 pm)
    congrats lts

TallTLynn
    (11/30/01 11:31:49 pm)
    Congratulations LTS - I'm happy for you and your daughter.

tuckerd1
    (11/30/01 11:33:28 pm)
    Congrats to the daughter LTS! And to you too LTS, because I know you have taught her!

kdub01
    (11/30/01 11:42:17 pm)
    Yup - Proud accomplishment, LTS!

I'm glad for your daughter and for you - know the buttons are popping, now!

Just picked up a mint "Chipmunk" .22 rifle for my soon-to-be 3 yr old grandson. He's already held it and decided he needs to go to the range with Grandpa! Told him we'll do that in a year or two, if he behaves himself in the meantime!

shane
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/30/01 11:47:52 pm)
    Good for you and her!!!!!!!!

I love to see children learning gun safty at a young age. Those will be the adults who protect us when we are old.

1 dano
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/1/01 12:26:04 am)
    | Edit | Del RE:
    Hey LTS, when your daughter gets old enough to have her own handgun, be a good father and buy her a BERETTA! That way, she will know for sure, that you only want the best for her.

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/1/01 12:38:08 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: RE:
    Awesome LTS and Congrats to yer Daughter!!! hmmm.......flip open your BROWNIN catalogue to pg. 16, those are some nifty .22's, An pick yourself out a nice Hi Power. Truth be known......
    Browning-The Best There Is.

shooter22
    (12/1/01 2:10:31 am)
    LTS, you get her to do griz, I want pictures! Great news for the Daughter. I have faith in you and your daughter getting the wife Texasfied! If she is from NY, she has already made a big first step.

shooter22

warpig883
    (12/1/01 10:47:42 am)
    Congrats Lts. My daughter is 12 and will not touch a critter or go hunting. I envy you. Go two boys though who are hell on wheels.

polishshooter
    (12/2/01 12:06:08 am)
    My daughter always wanted to go hunting with me but on the appointed day, she ALWAYS elected to sleep in!

Both her and my son took Hunter Safety in 8th grade, it's offered in school in Indiana, the way it OUGHTA be everywhere...

She's shot the .22 and loved it, but never wanted to shoot anything bigger...gonna get her on the Astra soon, betcha she loves it, she's been to Spain with Mom her senior year in Spanish CLub...

Nothing like hunting with the kids, except why did you wait so LONG????

The best time to teach them about guns and take them hunting is when they are 8 or 9...when they hit 14, they are already going on 21 and think dad is a ditz...

At 8 they LISTEN with open eyes and ears, so when they are teens and know ALL the answers, safety is second nature, heck my son is safer than I am in the woods...

I grew up in New York, too...you have to be 14 to get a license, 16 to hunt deer...sucks...I was hunting illegally since I was 12...SO many kids are hunting deer at 16 having just picked up a shotgun for the first time...no wonder there are accidents...

My son started hunting deer with me in Indiana when he was nine, saw his first deer at 10 (27 of them opening day, but no shots) took his first shot at 11(missed), got his first buck at 13...the only way to go...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Tac401
    Administrator
    (12/2/01 12:30:55 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: YEEEE HAAAAA!!!!
    Double thumbs up to ya LTS!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

Mesen
    (12/2/01 1:11:26 am)
    CONGRATS LTS!!!!

Did I tell you Fred had to go back and take Hunter Ed as part of this managed youth hunt? Needless to say he was quite miffed to say the least. BUT he DID pass. Can you imagine the horror if he hadn't? Too scary to think about.
    Bree

Polish: when I was in 7th grade they had the NRA safety course as part of our curriculum. I still have my card after all these years.
    B
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

polishshooter
    (12/2/01 10:33:43 am)
    That's the way it oughta be, in fact it SHOULD be mandatory for every kid! EVERY kid even if their parents don't own a gun, or never would even THINK of hunting would be safer because of it.

But the antis would have a field day with it...it makes too much sense so they would oppose it...

About the only thing I disagreed with was when my daughter came home and asked if I carry a garbage bag with me to carry out my deer guts to "dispose of properly..."she said that's what the DNR officer told them...

I told her that's what God made Coyotes, Turkey Vultures, and Raccoons for....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/2/01 11:22:23 am)
    Polish, it wasn`t that I waited so long.....she did. She has been going with me for quite a few years now, a little at a time. I did not want to force her into it, because sometimes it runs them the wrong way. She started out just following and trying to be still and quite......very frustrating for me at first, kids got a lot of energy early in the morning and moving through the woods in stealth mode is not their priority. I hung in there and so did she, she then decided she would be the game finder.....she then found out that it is not so easy to find once shot.....squirrels. This taught her to stay and search, which more people should do. She learned to mark the place from where the shot was taken......then act it out and back track again. Then she wanted to learn how to clean game that I shot. So it came, as I was taught, from the back to the shot, instead of the shot first.......but I did not start her that way, thats just how she approached it. With respect.

She has been in the woods with me for the last 6 yrs., during the season, learning about the bitey/scratchy/hurt you things that lurk in the river bottoms[ie] BIG HOGS, snakes (timberrattlers, cottons, coppers and the rest) wolves, coyoties, and large cats.......that do not play with string. It is not a place for mistakes, when you are that far from civilization and she now understands that. So why did it take so long......Dads patience.....she will now be a top shelf hunter as she has learned and wants to learn. What else could you ask for??? Yea, I`m a little proud....Daughter or Son....it`s the same feeling. LTS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.