yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 68c15, Jul 17, 2017.

1. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I took the spoiled son of a gay father, otherwise known as my youngest nephew to the range in the morning. Even though I'd been drinking ice water about 11:30 I felt a headache coming on. When I get them it's rare but they are real bad. I got home, took 3 Alleve, ate a small lunch then held the couch down until 3:00. Then I tried trimming a batch of 223's but couldn't concentrate. A couple more Alleve and back to the couch until 7:00. I felt just barely good enough to charge 50 cases with the Chargemaster and seat bullets, then take some extra reloading stuff to a buddy. By then I was feeling better so I bought a tub of mint chip ice cream. I brought that home and wife had made brownies. Three of those with 3 big scoops mint chip was a real nice bed time snack. This morning I woke up with a slight resemblence of the headache. Time for a shower, couple Alleve, fruit loops then off to work

2. Rewind

Rewind Well-Known Member

Hope your day goes well and headache free!

3. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

Headaches are horrible. I get them sometimes if I get overheated. Hopefully yours are not coming back

4. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Man, a diet of ice cream, brownies, and fruit loops. Hope you don't get asked to be a spokesmen for weight watchers!:eek: But seriously those headaches might be something that you should get checked out.

5. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I can't do much on sugar, gives me headaches from diabetes. Can't do coffee/coke, caffiene things give me headaches. Mix the two and it is misery. A couple months ago, I had to get off caffiene as I was having pvc/pac at the same time and had to go to the er. I'm weened off caffiene now and don't miss it.
    -
    If you know someone who is type II diabetic, ask them to test your blood. Especially a cou0ple hours after the sugar hit. I had large sugar cravings before I was a diabetic. May not be you, but it was me. Diabetes is a subtle attacker.

6. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yesterday bit me too. Popped something in my back and now you have to drive stakes to see if I'm moving. Getting old ain't for sissies.

7. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Like Mr. Joe45c posted, you might think about getting it checked out, especially if happening regularly or getting wrost.
    Mama in her younger days got Migraines, full blown headaches, nausea/vomiting, sensative to light, neck pain and even pins/needles feelings. She seemed to out grow/out age them.
    But, about 17 years ago she started having pin/needles, sweating, slight headaches which turned out to be Diabetes Type 2. Which explained thrist and extra trips to bathroom and bad temper she'd been having.
    After her cataract surgery about 3 years ago, she started having about 6-8 months later flashes of light, felt like her eyes were jerking, light hurting her eyes and slight headaches. She went to eye center cause afarid something from cataract surgery. The surgeon ask if she had history of migraines, yea but been years ago. He said it was most likely type of migraines. He done exam then some tests and afterwards called it Ocular Migraines.
    It bothers her every once in awhile, mostly if get really hot or out bright sunshine without her sunglasses.

8. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Alleve never did me any good for head aches. Alleve is more for body/muscle aches. For head aches I take Excedrin Migraine. Take one or two depending on the severity, and it's gone.

9. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Excedrin is my favorite headache formula too.
    Can't help thinking this was liberalism trying to attack your brain.

10. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I get migraines occasionally too. No fun at all.. Usually after lack of water the day before.

11. bumblebee

bumblebee Well-Known Member

If you went to the range and came home unhappy and sick...you ain't doin' it right ;)

12. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Not even close to "better". But the headache is manageable. 1995 Astro AC compressor and parts, 2003 Suburban complete brake and fuel line replace. 52 minutes until I leave for the day, benchrest night and I need to get sighted in for 100 again. Plus there's bound to be brass to pick up

13. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Headaches are the pits. Hope you get rid of it soon.

14. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I get them rarely but when I do they put me down. 4 Advil usually does the trick for me. I always get told, "If I had a head like that it'd hurt too!":rolleyes:

15. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Stop hanging around with yourself, maybe they'll go away :p.
    You know that you'll get no mercy from me :rolleyes:. Put your big boy pants on, and suck it up.