Yet another example of how america is dying....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Apr 3, 2009.

1. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

2. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

very disturbing to say the least. wow

3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

ugh.... that was just crazy!

A clean cut young American.... told he looked suspicious? geesh!

4. artabr

artabr New Member

I bet Abdul had no problems. :rolleyes: :mad:

Art

5. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Those airports are havens for wannabe dictators...
    My concern is that that kind of behavior will become commonplace outside of the airports.

mike
    gn

6. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

A qualifier for my comment.
    I respect the law, and its officers who operate under the authority of the law, who are familiar with the law as I will be.
    It is my obligation as a citizen, as ignorance of the law is no excuse but:

This TSA and Homeland stuff, is populating the ranks with amateurs and unemployables who are ignorant of the responsibility they bear to the citizenry.
    They for the most part don't know squat save the memos and bulletins they get on each shift for their daily programming.

A briefing does not training make, Especially when they cannot even speak english the national language.
    Where would their long standing beliefs in the constitution of the USA be if they are fresly minted Citizens from say Cuba or Lebanon?
    No Discrimination intended but,
    Does no one see see a problem with putting the borders in the custody of the last man over it?

Angry attitudes coupled with insecurity or confidence issues create problems with authority and the human progression of this is the translation of authority into personal power.
    Fascism.
    Police state.

7. rockntractor

rockntractor Former Guest

We drive whenever we go on vacation i will not subject myself or my wife to the degradation of flying somewhere. to have someone standing there who's last job consisted of would you like fries with that standing in judgement of me takes any joy out of it.

8. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Here Here! Islandboy speaks the truth!

9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

they won't stop Achmed and question or search him. That might be offensive and seen as racial profiling.:rolleyes:

10. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Speaking of profiling and the over avoidance of doing it, so as to not be accused of doing it, even though you need to do it, I WILL ALWAYS DO IT !!

It is called being aware of your surroundings, people within your space, potential threats to your safety, types of dangers to you and yours, including age profiling, race profiling, gender profiling, animal profiling, germ profiling,
    Weapons profiling, Idiot driving the dump truck towards me profiling
    And i'll add this:

When I order a steak in a fine place of dining, I profile the steak I expect against the steak that shows up, and it better fit the damn profile!!!!!

11. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Exactly right. Just wait for the abuses of authority when Obama gets his :
    "civilian security force" together.

12. 94z07

94z07 New Member

I bet if you wear a Ron Paul button on a sombrero you'll make the feds heads explode as part of their mind tries to coddle you while the other part tries to persecute you.

13. ineedsoap16

ineedsoap16 New Member

I am new to the forum but this strikes me close. In October I got married in Vegas. I am 25, NO crimial record and I feel I do not look suspicious. I do have sevearl piecings and tatoos but I feel this should not have any bearing on this issue. I was detained at Maccaran Int'l airport for having one... one ounce more than the specified amount of dial liquid soap. I had two fresh piercings and a tatoo from vegas and explained this was needed to take care of the new addintions to the maybe 19 yo that detained me. Who is the TSA hiring... what are the qualifications to be employeed in the position to detain a law abiding citizen for one extra ounce of soap. I was easy going with him so as to make my flight on time but he was a real a**hole the entire time. Am I totally wrong here?

14. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Nope, you're not wrong. A crisis and a panic created a job for the unqualified and I guess their thinking is to err on the side of safety rather than rights. I'm not sure how much training these people get but obviously it's not enough. By the way, welcome to TFF.

15. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Back when my mother and grandmother were still alive... 2004 or early 2005 they were treated like dirt by those scumbags at the airport. My grandmother who was terminally ill at the time flew in to visit my mother who had MS and rode arround in an electric wheelchair. From what i hear they yanked her out of the wheel chair during one of their many inspections of her and her wheelchair. 4 times... they inspected and searched her 4 stinking times! Fred said there were all kinds of people dressed in "arab like" clothing walking arround and they did not bother them one bit.
    My folks had a wheelchair equipped van with a lift on it. They tried to time it so that my grandmother and mother were heading towards the drop off point as he pulled up and poped the door down. They got the timing right and was lifting my mother in her wheelchair up into the van and about that time a couple of those sh*twads came over and started harrassing them about loading up there....
    I think it was probably a good thing that i didn't go along because they probably would have shot me because i don't handle BS like that very well...never have and never will.
    Nazis are Nazis...no matter what country they are from when the act like that.

mike
    gn