The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all - first post. I've looked through multiple posts regarding this subject but haven't found any help (for me anyway). I have an opportunity to pick up what I'm almost positive is an SKS, but don't have a clue: a) what it is, or b) what a fair offer would be. Hopefully my pictures will attach to this and any help is greatly appreciated. These are images of the only markings on the rifle - there are no cyrillic, chinese or geometric markings anywhere that I can see. I was told it's Chinese, but I really don't think so. Here's what I know for sure:

It fires 7.62X39.
The stock is a Choate Industies synthetic.
It's a lot of fun to hold...and shoot.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
well.. it's an sks for sure.

I'm not a fan of the synth stocks..

if it was intact in C&R condition.. I could see 250$.. i have a feeling that syn stock was at least 100$ and that detach mag probably at least 30$ back when.

if that one has no wood and has been setup for a weaver base not using the trade out rear rvr cover.. or even with the rear rcvr cover, it's collector value is pretty much gone, and it's now a SA sproting gun.. etc

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
The M21s were Chinese production for the commercial market, and I believe the original stock would've been Chu (spelling?) wood.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Looks to me just like the Norinco SKS I traded for my .45 except the fixed mag has been removed and a modified 30 round mag made to replace it.
Looks like the modified mag is made from having cut the original fixed mag and welding it to an AK mag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So it is Chinese then and best guess might be $350-$400? Thanks for taking the time guys, I really appreciate your help. Think I'll tell him 350 and see where that gets me

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
350 is certainly a fair price. That's what I had mine advertised for as a sale price - they're currently going a little higher. I also had mine with a trade option advertised and a guy called me and offered to trade his Citadel 1911 straight across that he had bought new and only fired around 200 rounds through it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hopefully my pictures will attach to this and any help is greatly appreciated. These are images of the only markings on the rifle - there are no cyrillic, chinese or geometric markings anywhere that I can see. I was told it's Chinese, but I really don't think so. Here's what I know for sure:
What Pictures?!
Darn.. Im late again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts