Yippee!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/16/02 9:30:07 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Yippee!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I get a new rifle tomorrow!!! Okay not new but how many times do you get a Turk mauser with all matching numbers? And all I have to do is trade him back the one I picked up from him originally.

Oh dang another rifle to clean up --- there is something seriously wrong with this picture somewhere.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/17/02 8:33:12 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Yippee!!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My goodness "T"....pretty soon you're gonna hafta build a barn to hold all your milsurp "babies".

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/17/02 6:13:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Yippee!!!!!!!!
    lol XRacer I sure hope not - actually I'm trying to figure out my nich (okay the 03's and Enfields seem to be my favorite I admit).

Here's the turk - sorry about the picture but the digital camera just isn't cutting it - miss the old digital (can't find it). Hopefully the 35mm's will turn out better but someone walked off with my flash attachment.

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/17/02 8:24:49 pm)
    That's a nice one T. I've seen some with the numbering on the butt stock like yours, but I can't remember what it means. Any idea?

So what exactly is it? A 1903/30 conversion? M38 (if there really is such a thing)? I have a 1944 K.Kale Turk Mauser, and I intend to buy several more Turks when my C&R license shows up.

Incidentally, does yours have a bent bolt handle? I'm no expert on Turks, but mine has a straight handle. I thought all Turks had a straight handle. Does the bolt number match too?
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (11/17/02 10:49:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    1952 - both the one in the picture and the one I traded back for it have the bent bolt.

And yes the bolt on this one has matching numbers to the rest of the rifle.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/20/02 6:16:31 pm)
    Don't know about the Turks, but my issue rifle had a number on the stock, just for easy identification. Didn't mean anything special.

TallT, nice find on the matching #s. Give that stock a deep / thorough cleaning, and you'll have a beautiful piece.
    Rich

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/20/02 6:26:40 pm)
    Here's a guy on another board I frequent, he went to town on his $50 Turks, spent a great deal of time/effort to clean it up fully, and leach decades of cosmoline and filth out of the stock.
    Here's one of his results pics (WOW!)

Rich

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/20/02 11:04:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Rich,

#1. Is that a steel pot you got hang'n on your web gear!

#2. Holy shit, how in the hell did he pull the wood back to
    it's original configuration? I know what I use, but I'd sure
    as hell would like to know what proccess he used???

Tac
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/21/02 9:19:06 am)
    Good God, ain't no way that's an original Turk stock. I'm not aware of any laminated stocks being "original" for a Turk. That's a damn nice looking one, though.

Tac, FWIW, some of the Turks being sold these days are re-arsenal jobs with new stocks. Mine was, at least. Picture below.

Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht