YIPPIEE!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/14/01 11:02:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All YIPPIEE!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The boy just got his letter from MDC, he's been chosen as 1 of 25 hunters for a special youth-only managed hunt (modern firearms) at Meramec State Park, each tag is good for 3 anterless only deer, needless to say he's pretty tickled, have to admit I'm as excited as he is probably be a once-in-a-lifetime event (usually hunting in state parks prohibited even bowhunting)

kdubaz
    (9/14/01 4:55:30 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: YIPPIEE!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy for the both of you, Fred - !

Hope he's able to fill all tags.
    Keep below the ridgeline!

ruffitt
    (9/15/01 3:52:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: YIPPIEE!!!!
    Congrats to you & the kid. Hunts like this are SPECIAL and I hope you and he make the best of it. If you need a shootin rig for him, let me know. I've got .234, .270, 30-06 (all scoped) and .44mag (not scoped) that I would gladly let him use.

Let me know. Could even drop one of them off next Thurs or Fri (20- 21st) as Tag-A-Long and I are going down to Gainesville to her sisters to help with a Rodeo they are hosting.

Regards
    RuffItt

Mesen
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/01 11:14:01 am)
    Hey Ruffitt
    darn it, I just realized I'm the other .5 no wonder I feel strange this morning, thanks for the offer but that guide gun is actually his so what he gets to look forward to is lots of practice cause I don't want to be the embarassed dad having to track down a gutshot deer with a plethora of game wardens and park rangers around, e me when you and tag-a-long will be passing through and I'll scare up something good to eat, the other .5 and me would love to see you guys again, take care of yourselves and we'll see you soon
    Best regards
    Fredneck

IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (9/15/01 11:39:04 am)
    Congratulations on your son getting into this hunt. I hope he fills his tags.

And since the guide gun is his - let me say he should do well (and please do see he has lots of practice).

ps - the jerky was not only delicious but I didn't share with anyone when I got home.

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/15/01 8:09:20 pm)
    Now, I'M him!!??? Go figger.

Don't worry T, if all goes well you will be anle to sniff your way to the mailbox. teehee

ruffit, drop in on your way. ;ove to see you all again.

Bree

TallTLynn
    (9/15/01 10:04:54 pm)
    Hey bree - e-mail me your address I have something to send you that I think would fit your little gun. Too small for mine.

guzda
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/16/01 1:07:46 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hooray! Kids don't want to hunt anymore!
    Kids aren't hunting anymore.I'm glad to see one who does. Too many other things to do. PA estimates license sales will drop at the rate of 4% per year for the next 10 years. Old guys are hanging it up- a dyin' sport.
    Good Luck! Deer Burgers for Everybody!
    Ol' Guzda

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/17/01 7:31:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hooray! Kids don't want to hunt anymore!
    darn Guz,
    That's a depressing statistic and unfortunately probably about the same across the country, 4% per year dosen't take long to get to zero

TallTLynn
    (9/17/01 7:27:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hooray! Kids don't want to hunt anymore!
    Not in Idaho - sales have gone up pretty much every year.