The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Please describe to the best of your ability what that smells like. I鈥檝e only shot maybe 20 or 30 plastic hull shotgun cartridges over the years, and those smell like smokeless gunpowder. I鈥檝e never been interested in shotguns.

Premium Member
I believe it was Louis Armstrong who said of jazz, "if you don't understand it, I can't explain it to you." Obviously the smell of paper shells has nothing to do with any understanding. However, the similarity is if you haven't smelled it, I can't explain it to you...unfortunately..... :(

Premium Member
after some thought, i really miss scouting for deer season. walking sometimes for miles thru whatever was in the way looking for new trails, bedding areas, old rubs, and the like. the legs and hips are shot now so those days are over. i did not know the joy of it when i did it. losing your youth is going to happen if you live long enough, i just hate the part that i did not see it coming. now i sit a lot. at my reloading bench, at the shooting table, in front of this keyboard, on the porch in the evenings with my lifetime girlfriend. life is still good. different but still good.

rick

Premium Member
I miss dove shooting over a stock pond and sand bass fishing in Lake Texoma. The Corps of Engineers introduced the salt water stripper to the lake and they cleaned out the bass population.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts