You GO, Representative Hunter!!!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by 4EvrLearning, May 7, 2009.

1. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

This came through my "govtrack" e-mail tonight. GOOD FOR HIM!!!

I know it's long, but I think you'll be cheering by the end :)

Congress > Congressional Record > May 5, 2009
    LONE WOLF HUNTER

The United States House of Representatives

May 5, 2009
    Section 64

Rep. Duncan Hunter [R-CA]: Mr. Speaker, I rise today to condemn the statements written as part of an assessment by the Department of Homeland Security classifying disgruntled veterans as a threat to U.S. security and potential recruits for right-wing extremist groups. The report was distributed among law enforcement agencies throughout the country earlier this week. When I was back home in San Diego, our El Cajon police department had actually gotten this memorandum classifying me. Because I served three tours overseas with the United States Marine Corps, two in Iraq in Operation Iraqi Freedom and one in Afghanistan in Operation Enduring Freedom, I am a possible terrorist.

So, Mr. Speaker, I would just like to go over some stuff with this DHS memorandum. It is the "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment." And here is a picture of it here. This is an actual Department of Homeland Security memorandum that went out to every local, State and Federal law enforcement agency in the entire country.

I would just like to go over a few points of it. It first starts off by saying that "the Department of Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis has no specific information that domestic right-wing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence." So they don't have any evidence for anything, but they are still going to call people like me possible "terrorists."

We read further down: "The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

I wasn't paranoid before, Mr. Speaker, but if we are going to pass new regulations on firearms, we are going to change the Second Amendment. And the fact that I would like to keep my own guns and that I'm a veteran who has served, that makes me a possible terrorist, as stated by our own government, by our own administration.

I read further down: right-wing extremism--and by the way, it is interesting that they don't talk about left-wing extremism or liberal extremism or progressivists. It is just right-wing extremism, and that is okay to talk about. It is okay to scorn those people that are right wing. They aren't as American as everybody else. "Right-wing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate oriented," I'm quoting here from this memo, "those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting Federal authority in favor of State or local authority." That means every single one of our Founding Fathers was a possible terrorist because they believed in local authority. They believed in States' rights. They didn't want an all-encompassing, dominating Federal Government.

It also includes groups of individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration. I'm quoting again.

So I'm pro-border security. I think that illegal immigration is called "illegal immigration" because, well, it is illegal. That once more makes me a possible terrorist. I'm pro-life. That makes me a possible terrorist too.

I keep reading down: "Returning veterans possess combat skills." That is me. I possess combat skills. So do millions of other Americans that have served in our Armed Forces since 2001--"combat skills and experience that are attractive to right-wing extremists."

The DHS, our own government, is concerned that right-wing extremists, I guess that's me, will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities.

That sounds pretty scary. I must be pretty scary. I wonder if DHS is on their way here to get me right now. I will stay here and wait for them for a little bit longer.

I read further down: "Many right-wing extremists are agnostic toward the new Presidential administration and its perceived stance on a range of issues, including immigration and citizenship, the expansion of social programs"--that is a new one. If you don't like the expansion of social programs, you're a possible terrorist, too--"and restrictions on firearms ownership and use." If you weren't paranoid before, you ought to be getting paranoid now.

I will keep reading: "Right-wing extremists were concerned during the 1990s with the perception that illegal immigrants were taking away American jobs through their willingness to work at significantly lower wages. They also opposed free trade agreements, arguing that these arrangements resulted in Americans losing jobs to other countries." Are Americans not losing jobs to China, to Communist China, to India and to Mexico? If you believe that American jobs are worth fighting for, then you're a terrorist."

2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I've always liked Duncan. He is a pretty straight-forward fellow. One of the good ones.

He is one example of the reason I don't subscribe to the "vote 'em ALL out" theory.

Pops

3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

4. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Look, while I applaud some of these congressmen/woman who stand up on the floor of the U.S. house of Reps, I have to say, GOOD, Ok now what !
    The DHS is now turning on us, We the People. Isn't their some kind of investigative procedures to move on to at this point.

How about proposing some legislation or resolution that will publicly censor or disipline the DHS. They're trying to rein in the BATFE, looks like their gonna have to do the same for the DHS. IMHO.

I yeild the floor.

5. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

You're doing what to the floor? :eek: :D

I agree that some of the right thinking people in the house & senate don't need to be voted out, but, if that's what it takes to clean house, I'll giver her a shot.

I like my reps, John Cornyn (S) and Jeb Hensarling (H) but I don't really trust Hutchison (S) farther than I can throw her. It's all the liberal fascists that need to loose their job. Can we eliminate the bad apples and leave the good ones? Tough to do. Tougher than throwing (all) the bums out I would think.

6. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

Thanks, ROMT, for the link; I couldn't get it to post correctly!