You got a nick name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Dec 6, 2017.

1. rglbegl

rglbegl Well-Known Member

2. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Tough? I cried like a blathering baby on the 40 minute drive to the emergency room! My junk and I had just become one! (puberty) and there I was, holding one of my babies from flopping out!

m77user, Guts3d, gvw3 and 4 others like this.

3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

It's right there under my avatar and my avatar explains it.

Stahlrosen, m77user, Guts3d and 8 others like this.
  4. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well Known Member? Hmmmm...how well known is your member?

m77user, howlnmad, jsjj388 and 8 others like this.
  5. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

• Got my nickname while in the Navy. I had a knack for "acquiring" things for the division by trading or appropriating "goods". Got the nickname of "Loot"

Daffyd, m77user, Guts3d and 7 others like this.
  6. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

No Sir... That was just right!

LOL!!!!

Guts3d and BlueDragonLair like this.
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

That's what I mean! You had to get tough or die... Especially with your sisters getting the easy road!

8. Daffyd

Daffyd Well-Known Member

I was named after my dad's father, who died 5 days before I was born! First name is John, but I've always been Jack. It's a common nickname for John, and that's what they called my grandfather. There have been a few others, but they never really stuck!

When I was growing up, I was very young, but I remember we were at a Daughters of the American Revolution function, and some older woman asked me my name, and I said "Jesus Christ Jack"! Well, that's what my mother yelled at me every time I was mischievous. My mother turned 12 shades of red, and I was told to never used that line again! Perhaps a little negative reinforcement was used to good effect.

Stahlrosen, m77user, bbirder and 4 others like this.
  9. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My nickname, given to me by my sister when I was very young is Pig-Pen, a Charles Schultz character in the cartoon "peanuts", because I was always dirty.

Daffyd, m77user, bbirder and 9 others like this.
  10. tedwitt

tedwitt Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I held one of mine in my hand.

11. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

So, are you a tenor or soprano!;)

bbirder, Guts3d, Crpdeth and 2 others like this.
  12. Ksman75

Ksman75 Well-Known Member

Don't know how or why, but mine is "Pope" to my immediate family. Mom was raised Baptist, dad as a Methodist, so Pope? Go figure...

I've always liked Blazing Saddles, and Alex Karras's character Mongo's line "Mongo only pawn in game of life.", so my friends call me Mongo

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Stahlrosen, m77user, Guts3d and 2 others like this.
  13. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Mine was Ralph starting in 7th grade. The varsity quarterback was either just started it as being a A$$ or because he got stuck with his two older brother's and his father's nickname "Tick".
    My father and older brother's real name was Ralph. My older brother and I looked alike except he was a very nice person and very easy going. where I was opposite with a very bad temper.
    My parents was confused early on when kids came asking for Ralph. It stuck really good, even teachers calling me Ralph and often had Ralph on roll call and my Report Card.
    BTW: Lived small town everyone knew just about everyone and Tick was dating a cousin of mine so wasn't long before my family knew.
    Some girls parents was auto "No" on dating Ralph, most likely thinking of the age difference thinking of my older brother. One Nurse at work actually thought I was him plus I was married and had two kids at ripe old age of 17.
    My baby sister got stuck with 'Little Ralph' as a nickname. She says some of her friends still call her that.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Crpdeth, bbirder, Guts3d and 2 others like this.
  14. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

Mine is "Guts" as I was stupid enough as a teen to take any and almost all dares. Most I cannot post on a family forum, nuff said!

15. jsjj388

jsjj388 Well-Known Member

HICKTOWN (AKA HAMPTONVILLE), NORTH CAROLINA
    My close friends from school call me shorty. I always hung out with a very small group of outcasts, and was always the shortest one until we hit highscool.

To the truckers and lift drivers in the steel shop, Im "squirrel". When I started working in the steel yard (18 and weighed 110#) I would climb the steel stacks to tie them down or re arrange things. This is still my CB handle on the road and on the trail.

The guys at the office and many friends call me "buckshot" because when I was 10 I was hunting with my brother and he tripped while running and shot me in the back with a .410 shot gun.

Stahlrosen, m77user, Guts3d and 5 others like this.