The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought myself a 1911 and would never have done it if you hadn't talked me into it (at least that's what I tell my wife).

It's a Les Baer Premier II. I haven't fired it yet, but I already like the trigger very much. The gun is used but looks like it has never been fired. The initial asking price was $1,800 I offered $1,500, the guy said $1,600, and I said sold.

Now I've got to get dies, shell plate, bullets, and large pistol primers. I have brass and powder, but it's a 6 - 8 week wait for bullets. I won't be shooting much until they get here.

Attachments

· Registered
7,388 Posts
VERY nice pistola, you'll be happy with her for sure. ;)

· Registered
357 Posts
Very nice pistol!! I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've never owned a Baer personally, but have had the great pleasure of shooting quite a few. They are amazing. Big congrats!

· Registered
4,216 Posts
I have to say, you bought a NICE 1911.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
It IS pretty!! I'm kinda jealous, but I am pretty happy with the six I have. I really do want one in stainless and I am thinking the Ruger will be my next one.
If you pay more than 650.00 for the Ruger, you are paying too much...

· Registered
7,328 Posts
I just bought myself a 1911 and would never have done it if you hadn't talked me into it (at least that's what I tell my wife).

It's a Les Baer Premier II. I haven't fired it yet, but I already like the trigger very much. The gun is used but looks like it has never been fired. The initial asking price was $1,800 I offered $1,500, the guy said $1,600, and I said sold.

Now I've got to get dies, shell plate, bullets, and large pistol primers. I have brass and powder, but it's a 6 - 8 week wait for bullets. I won't be shooting much until they get here.
Yea! Wud up wid dis 4um! Wat u sed!!! I just wanted to get a little into reloading. Now I got 3 presses and more extras than I really need. I bought a second die set of the same caliber. I think this forum must put some of those hidden texts in the background. I've been thinking of getting a 45 revolver from all those HB vids. Yep. This site is contagious. It's their fault (liberal line here...I'm watching meet the press right now and it must of leaked over).

· Banned
5,425 Posts
Yep - I keep telling my wife it's the fault of everyone here too when I get a new gun :D We're all a bad influence on each other!

That's a nice Les Baer. I'm not sure what I'd buy if I had $1600 to spend on one firearm. With $1600 to spend I'd want to buy 4 guns and lots of ammo.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Now guys, this thread was started a little over a year ago.

Dan, I bought my SR1911 6 or 8 months ago and if I remember right, I paid right at $750 for it.
Someone made over 200.00 on that sale. I could have stayed in the gun selling business if I could make money like that!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.