The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Registered
18,462 Posts
Would not have to pack. Just pick up the aluminum brief-case. Padded pistol case and these live there.

625, Model of 1988, 45 ACP with 20 loaded moon clips and Kimber Pro CDP with 6 loaded magazines. Remington 230 grain Golden Sabers.

Normally I hate when someone says, "You can pick ONE" and people list two, but these two are already in the bag.

But if I could only have one of them, it would be the Smith. 1911s are fine, but you can't get better than a Smith HE.

· Registered
7,388 Posts
I don't need 5 minutes, my go bag is ready and my best firearms are at arms reach.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an exercise guys .....don't deviate ....lol you have to follow the operation specs . If I deviated I would also pack my SW-2213 and big box of my 22 cal . But you only get one. Heck if I'm light my 12 gauge with my sling ......:) but I can't . I like seeing the choices :)

Mark-

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd grab my Makarov I guess, small enough to put in a pocket, but accurate and packs a punch.
But, where am I going? If it's in the city, the Mak's a good choice, if it's to the mountains, maybe not.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's why I like this place....you guys make me laugh , it's just hypothetical ....you had just five minutes to grab your bag and a handgun.....you had to leave where ever that was. Some people just said this gun, that gun, some said why, some said I'm not leaving !

Some already had it all in place. :) the point is everyone that posted had a answer/ plan. Kudos to all -

· Premium Member
9,192 Posts
Makes me think of my nightmare scenario--------Out of town on business with not even a pocket knife...SHTF and I am screwed.............Fortunately, this doesn't happen often; but it could and would be my luck.

· Registered
741 Posts
Makes me think of my nightmare scenario--------Out of town on business with not even a pocket knife...SHTF and I am screwed.............Fortunately, this doesn't happen often; but it could and would be my luck.
had to think about this. lately if I travel, I drive and it's always to a reciprocal state. If I go through a bass ackwards state, yeah, i'll toss my gun in a lockbox. if i fly somewhere, that's to visit relatives, and hey, most of them are armed! and if they aren't , my friends are. so I'm covered.
but to answer the question, right now my 9mm and boxes of hornady cd 115gr. of course there's my leatherman in my bob. would prefer a 1911 but mine went bye bye few years back

· Registered
2,947 Posts
Well, I always have 2 with me. So it's my Colt 1911 .45 and S&W .357.

· Registered
3,128 Posts
no need to pack, already packin'!

Glock 35 for me I guess, I've got about 300 Fiocchi 165gn JHP's so I guess I'd roll with those. I carry 47 rounds on my person anyway plus my BUG which is either a small frame .357 (Ruger sp101 or S&W 642) or my little NAA PUG .22 mag.

reminds me, need to repack the go bag, it's in shambles due to hunting season...

· Banned
5,425 Posts
For me it's my 1911 and the first two boxes of .45 ACP I lay my hands on - doesn't matter which boxes. I'll rely on my .45 before the .38 - besides - it has 3 clips ;)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.