The Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Roth, got a picture of one looking at it from the top? From this angle you don't really see it but holy cow, looking from the top down the CZ's, Ruger's and anything else commercially made today has something around or over 1/4 in. on either side of the barrel....and it's squared off and flat. Then you can follow the forearm around and they look like the small end of a baseball bat.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
My long time favorite single shot is the Winchester 52D
I have two of them. One shoots a bit better than the other, but both are quite good.
The 40X Remington I have shoots right in there with the best of the 52D's
I give the nod to the 52 however because of the micro motion triggers.

Regards, Kirk

·
Registered
267 Posts
The only .22 bolt gun I think I've ever shot was my dad's Mossberg 142A, but I've had a hankerin' for a single lately.
Kinda hard to justify with the Mossberg, which is a tack driver, already at hand.
...still, Keystone does make an adult sized stock for their Crickett rifle....

As an alternative, I ran across this video the other day.
Anyone with a clip magazine .22 can easily add this to create a smooth little single....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess my favorite was the Remington model 511.
Many yrs ago, when they first came out, I bought my brother-in-law the Weatherby Mark 22 semi. I noticed they also offered a bolt action one. Wish I had bought one.

·
GUNZILLA
5,980 Posts
My 52C Winchester or my Remington 513T, can't make up my mind.

Reactions: jim brady

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can still buy a Minibolt though,,,
It's a great starter rifle for a small child.

Head and shoulders over the Crickett rifles,,,
And in my not-so-humble opinion,,,
better than the Savage Rascal.

Aarond
I'd like to hear a little more about your comments comparing the Henry Minibolt to the Crickett and Rascal rifles.
How is it "head and shoulders over..." those rifles?

DCman

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, first remember I prefaced my comments with "in my not-so-humble opinion".

I own a Crickett and a Mini-Bolt,,,
The Henry has a much better trigger,,,
And the bolt slides much smoother than the Crickett.

I also like the fiber optic sights on the Henry.

I do not own a Rascal but I have fired one on a few occasions,,,
Not being a fan of peep sights I again like the Henry sights better.

The Rascal isn't a cheaply made rifle,,,
In actuality it's probably the equal of the Henry.

I guess it boils down to I smile when I aim the Henry,,,
I go "meh" when I aim the Rascal.

Aarond

Reactions: Bigdog57 and DCman

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for expounding on your earlier remarks, Aarond.
Much appreciated.
Do you feel the Henry is any more accurate than either the Crickett and Rascal rifles?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Do you feel the Henry is any more accurate than either the Crickett and Rascal rifles?
There are many variables that could affect this but when sighting the rifles in,,,
I always got tighter groups with the Henry Mini-Bolt.

Aarond

Reactions: DCman

·
Registered
267 Posts
Right on.
Thanks for your comments Aarond. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love the Winchester model 67. This was my first real gun I shot beyond BB and Pellets. My Grandfather let me shoot it and I've loved it every since. I now own four full length and one junior.

What's your favorite?
As I only own 1 bolt gun in .22 it has to be the Savage MK II FVT. I love the way it shoots but am changing out the stock to a Boyd’s At-One since seeing that post here. I think it will be a keeper.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
1929 Paatz, with iron sights it holds it's own with my Rem 513T with a 10x Target scope at 50yrds.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I still have my 15Y my Dad bought me in 1958. $14.95. I have shot hundreds, no, thousands of rounds through the Stevens and it shoots as good as it did the day it was new. It still out shoots some other more expensive .22's I have.
My first rifle is a Stevens Model 15 "Boy's Rifle" singleshot boltie given me by my favorite uncle when I was about 12. At 63 years old now, I still have it. I have refinished it once, and it's still a good little shooter.

Reactions: DCman

·
Registered
103 Posts
I feel badly because I didn't include this .22 rifle in my previous post.
The first rifle I ever shot. I believe I was about 7 years old. And I shot it a lot after that, always supervised by my Dad until I was old enough to carry it alone. Around 12 YO.
This rifle was my Dad's Mossberg Mod. 35 single shot target rifle with a peep sight that he bought new in 1937. Very accurate albeit it was a little heavy for me to carry.
I have a lot of memories of Dad and me going out behind our house and blasting away at cans, apples and various other targets.
This rifle hangs proudly on my den wall. It is also the first rifle my daughter, son and wife ever shot. That was by design. It comes off the wall occasionally for old times sake.
Lynn

Reactions: DCman and Bigdog57

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sounds very nice, LetMGrow......think we all could take a peek at it?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts