The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S&W 460V that I keep on my belt when out and about here along the Yukon. I want to buy the best (daylight) fiber optic front & rear sights available. Our road is closed until May, can't look any over in person. Have looked in Cabelas, Midway, Brownells, and a few manufacturer catalogs and online. I'd like to buy a set that have green & red between front & back. What are everybody's favorites?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a S&W 460V that I keep on my belt when out and about here along the Yukon. I want to buy the best (daylight) fiber optic front & rear sights available. Our road is closed until May, can't look any over in person. Have looked in Cabelas, Midway, Brownells, and a few manufacturer catalogs and online. I'd like to buy a set that have green & red between front & back. What are everybody's favorites?
Try Hi Viz fiber optics. I have two sets on two of my CZ 82's and it is like turning on the lights. They really pull in the daylight. Mine are all green but on their website you can get different colored fibers to replace the ones that came with the sight

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, S&W sells Hi Viz as their favorite too as replacement sights. I called Hi Viz and they only make front sights for my 460V and the one I have was made in 2008; Hi Viz model doesn't work in my specific 460; can't win for losin. The lady at Hi Viz took my number and I'm supposed to receive a call from one of their techs. I'd like to remove screw that holds rear sight plate in place and send it to Hi Viz and see if they add two tubes onto the assembly or mount one of their rear sights on it. I hope I can work something out or I'll start painting the sight myself I guess and more back yard practice always seems to help.

Ya know, I have several acog 4X32, 3.5x35 red dot/ghost rings on my ARs and I have never owned a scope that satisfied me as much as they do. I wish I could find pistol sights that made me just as much a happy camper.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Dawson Precision are the best. They send red and green light pipes with their sights, they are easily replaced and give you enough extra to replace the pipe twice each color, you can buy the light pipe from them for a buck an inch and the brightest on the market IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts