The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbe here guys so bare with me. I've been collecting for about 30+ years and at this point in my life I think it's time to start selling. Neither of my two sons can have firearms so that's not an option. Do you folks think it's best to start now or wait until mid-January?

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sorry that you feel need to start selling off but if your not enjoying it I understand . For me I dont think it would matter much either way . Yes income tax returns could mean more folks with money maybe . But if your going to sell might as well start know . My 2 cents .

·
Administrator
11,443 Posts
It could be tough right before Christmas. Good luck. Remember our Buy/Sell/Trade Forum

·
Premium Member
11,728 Posts
Depends on what you have to sell, I think. Collector grade stuff, any time. It's a niche' market at best and if you've held them long enough you should realize at least a modest profit. Popular handguns and rifles, boy, right now seems like prices and speed of sale are in your favor. Not so popular stuff...get it on the market, it might take a while.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Its a great time to sell guns, its a seller market, most guns are pulling a premium right now and I expect that to continue for the next several years. Democrats in office are the best gun sales people of all time. Guns are flying off the shelves in record numbers and most gun shops cant keep used guns in stock. A ton of inexperienced and fearful millenials are entering the market. This is primarily because of Covid, civil unrest and of course fear of possible gun confiscation or bans. The amount of guns for sale or available on * has dropped substantially so the prices remain high.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I think it depends on what caliber they are-a AR is a hard sell for good money when ammos 800$ a case...a 30.06/270/or another firearm that uses readily available ammo will sell better.My LGS has plenty of fair priced ammo for hunting rifles.

·
Premium Member
17,527 Posts
They had a report on Fox and friends a couple days that biden has a plan to tax AR owners to the tune of 34 billion. They said it would include current AR and new AR owners. It would also extent to magazines and ammo. Didn't say how the heck they would enforce this or how they know who are the current owners are. But if he sends Beto door to door he won't last a week!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts