ysacres farm and other photos ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

TallTLynn
    (3/24/02 11:02:21 am)
    ysacres farm and other photos
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

having a small problem with two of the photos will be back later to try again

TallTLynn
    (3/24/02 11:05:08 am)
    Re: ysacres farm and other photos
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guess it'll be one pic at a time (sigh)

cointoss 2
    (3/24/02 11:48:17 am)
    Nice spread ysacres, hope them brakes stay tip top on the Cases, could be a real interesting ride. Beautiful picture, I am impressed!

ysacres
    (3/24/02 12:03:43 pm)
    Thanks TLynn. Hey if thoes other pic's take to long than forget em, I'll get a scanner soon.

Thats my baby .....1984 Honda V65 Magna

And a view of the snake river at Wawawai. Cointoss I'm not nervouse here but around the corner the steering brakes get used to stay outa the water... HaHa

Ms Beast
    (3/24/02 2:01:19 pm)
    Wow, beautiful picture! What a grand view you have!

Different name
    (3/24/02 2:48:55 pm)
    Definitely, GOD's COUNTRY!
    What enjoyment and satisfactiion you must
    feel!
    Pictures are great!

AGunguy
    (3/24/02 4:13:02 pm)
    Mighty nice, my friend.

The Honda looks like it has a radiator...water cooled?

warpig883
    (3/24/02 4:44:14 pm)
    Them V65's are one of my favorites.

Looks like a danged long head on that axial flow on the right.

ysacres
    (3/24/02 5:02:38 pm)
    AGunguy

Yep she's a water cooled V 4, and shaft driven. It was the fastest production bike made in 84, then Yamaha came out with the V max in 85.

God sure make's some spectacular scenery. That picture was taken about 1 mile as the crow flyes from my house, Because they built all the old houses down in draws to get out of the weather, the view from my house is nutti'n but dirt.
    But hey....I have lot's of clods to shoot at.

Lower Granite Dam is just out of the picture to the right (down river)

280freak
    (3/24/02 5:58:57 pm)
    Wow, what a view! I ain't never tried vertical farmin' like you got there, Ysacres! The greatest change in elevation in any of my fields is probably less than 20 feet over the course of a half mile. Only place in NoDak that even remotely resembles your country is in the Badlands in the western part of our state.

Are those combines 4-wheel drive?

ysacres
    (3/24/02 6:49:15 pm)
    280 freak

Yes they are 4 WD with 37 % levelers.
    The rolling hills of the Palouse is the steepest farm ground in the world, I flipped one upside down once and was trapped under it for 3 hrs before rescue workers used an abrasive saw to cut me out. Every year someone will have a very bad accident due to the steep hills. trucks, tractors, and combines will slide off hills most times sideways in excess of 30 to 40 MPH (can you say pucker factor)
    I have three hills about 1/2 mile long that are more than 37 % slope.
    OH YA I have the gun rack, and exercise my right to carry a fully loaded assult rifle in my combine at all times. Thaz Great fun.

hammer4nc
    (3/24/02 7:22:09 pm)
    ys,

Nice pictures! They remind me of where I used to live on the banks of the Columbia R., Klickitat county, near Maryhill, if you know where that is. Though I've been away for about 10 years, I understand that a lot of the grain farmers have added grape vinyard operations (if they can suck water out of the river). Your screen name kind of sounds like it should be on a wine bottle, doing anything with grapes?

ysacres
    (3/24/02 8:01:20 pm)
    hammer4nc
    Apparently I'm on the same longitude, latitude as somewhere in France that grows all the best grapes for wine, there has been some meetings that I have missed. I think my area is prime for grapes, and I'm looking into it. Water is a problem.
    I'm in the process of talking to a company that wants to install 500 wind generators in the area, that will mess up my view fer sure. But wind power is an unlimited source of clean, renewable energy and pays the landowner well.

nighthawksh
    (3/25/02 1:02:15 pm)
    Just wanted to say Hi to my southern neighbor

nice country out here, ain't it ysacres?

ysacres
    (3/25/02 3:02:47 pm)
    nighthawkish
    It's hard to imagine that when Lewis and Clark floated down this stretch of the river in July they saw it the same as in this picture, dry and baron.
    In their haste to get to the ocean the only thing Clark wrote in the journals about this place was that "The bunchgrass was taller than a horses belly.
    From the river bottom they overlooked the rich black soil of the rolling hills.
    200 years later it is known as the biggest yielding, dryland wheat area in the world.

just rambli'n

whiteclouder
    3/25/02 10:03:50 pm)
    If you can imagine a hundred million acres of earth, billowing in the wind, undulating like unfurled bolts of golden silk, you can imagine the Palouse in the fall. It's beautiful.

shooter22
    (3/25/02 10:30:51 pm)
    Awsome pics. Ysacres, you got a great view there. I love the wide open spaces.

ysacres
    (3/27/02 1:38:12 am)
    Clouder

unfurled bolts of undulating golden billowing silk.

You took the words right ouy of my mouth.

Had to bring to the top for my father-in-law. Hi A.C.

timberbeast
    (3/27/02 4:57:06 am)
    Heya, Ysacres, gorgeous stuff, makes me want to walk down and wet a line. If you look further, you will find that Lewis "could not wait" to get back to your area as "the abundance of game will be a blessing", as the Corps of Discovery was returning from the mouth of the Columbia.
    Some day, I'll cut a tree for you, and you can cut one for me, on my flat swamp.
    I'll have to get T to post a pic, still haven't found a decent server since photopoint took our money and ran! No time!!
    Your land is a blessing, and from what I've read, you treat it so! You are lucky indeed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.