The Firearms Forum banner

Yup. I'm a reloader. Glock questions added.

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Guts3d 
#1 ·
I finally won a firearm raffle and my 1st thought is "Great! Now I have a new caliber to reload".

Glock 21 Sf .45 ACP.

Come to papa. :)

#8 ·
I finally won a firearm raffle and my 1st thought is "Great! Now I have a new caliber to reload".

Glock 21 Sf .45 ACP.

Come to papa. :)
Consider buying a Lone Wolf barrel for your Glock. I brought home a 5 gal bucket of brass from our marksman club and all of the .45 (shot by the same guy, out of a glock) was just bulged to hell at the base of the casing. Lee sells a de-bulging device, but that's extra money and an extra step you need to do in prepping brass. Just drop $100 and get a nice supported, threaded lone wolf barrel that will treat your brass well and allow you to put a can on your glock once Trump's in office ;)

Edit: As for the 'glock buldge' I haven't seen any in 9mm, not as much in .40, but pretty substantial in .45, to where its not usable unless debulged.

#10 ·
Coated bullets are ok, just watch velocities and check your barrel as you're working up your loads. If you see any leading, adjust loads.

You're gonna love the 45 !

Reactions: dbcooper and joe45c
#13 ·
Glocks are funny. You either love m or hate m. To me, they're a good pointing pistol and seem to be quite reliable. I've never heard of the "glock bulge" in any other caliber but the 40. And from what I hear, this has been fixed with the newer generations.

Reactions: dbcooper
#14 ·
While I don't own any Glocks; they are great guns. I have shot plenty of Glocks, enjoyed every one. I just prefer Sigs, to each his own. I think you're going to like it and won't want to get rid of it. I've given thought to getting a G30 one day, but somehow end up eyeing another P220.

Reactions: dbcooper
#15 ·
I have owned three glocks, all of them .40 Cal. I shot a lot of lead bullets in mine. I don't know if it made a difference or not but the last few rounds I shot at every range outing were jacketed bullets, thinking that would help clean the lead out!! Never had the glock bulge in the three that I had, that I can recall.

#16 ·
Now comes the fun part! I enjoy researching components and loads and figgerin' out where to start. I started out with my first 45 ACP load with the "classic" load of Bullseye and a 230 gr. FMJ (but it sounds like the OP has already had 45 ACP experience). I soon got a mold, then another mold, then some plated bullets, then some Hi-Tek bullets, then I tried PCing them. Tried (trying) 5 or 6 different powders too. Next to my .44 Magnums, the 45 ACP handguns are high on my fun list...

#19 ·
FWIW regarding finding brass; I only shine two cases/calibers. One is the brass I use in my Grand and the other is my 45 ACP brass. Shiny brass is easier to spot, on the floor of the range, or the dirt and rocks of an "unimproved" range like where I shoot...

#20 ·
A word of caution for anyone loading for a G21.

230 grain RN coated Missouri bullets at starting loads of 4.0g Bullseye and 4.3g W231 will cycle your pistol BUT they will also eject the brass right into your face.
Starting load of 4.0g of Titegroup will bounce the brass off the top of your head and spare your face.

You are welcome. :)

#23 ·
Mr. Don, my Every Day Open Carry is a Glock 21 Gen 4 in a level II retention Blackhawk paddle holster. I have fired about 500 rounds of 230 grain FMJ Remington downrange without a single hiccup such as FTE or FTF, and 3 or 4 of them even hit the paper! ( Not the guns' fault!! )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.