The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back there was one of our many discussions about the shortage of reloading supplies. A new member popped into that thread and mentioned a site called Reload Unlimited. (Not ReloadING Unlimited. Different site.) There was some debate on whether the site was a scam or not. Especially since they only took Google Pay.

I took a shot anyway and ordered 1,000 Winchester SPPs. With shipping and hazmat, the order was just under $62.00. As of today, the website is gone and Google Pay is no longer active. (You have to download Google’s new payment app.)

So, Yup.... It was a scam. I sent them an email telling them what I would like Satan to do to their anal cavities as they burn in Hell. Whether they ever get it or not, or even care, is up for debate.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Can't you file a fraudulent notice with Google Pay and/or your credit card and get your money back?

I will only use PayPal. I've only had one person make an issue about doing the payment as one to a vendor. I'll even include the 3.5% for vendor just to have the knowledge that I will get my money back if they pull some kind of stunt.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Can't you file a fraudulent notice with Google Pay and/or your credit card and get your money back?

I will only use PayPal. I've only had one person make an issue about doing the payment as one to a vendor. I'll even include the 3.5% for vendor just to have the knowledge that I will get my money back if they pull some kind of stunt.
Don’t depend on PayPal to refund your money. A few years ago my wife bought some shoes off a website that turned out to be a scam. PayPal wouldn’t refund anything. My credit card company back charged PayPal for it. PayPal kept sending me emails asking me if the back charge was a mistake. Well no.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Try as I might, I have never been able to make a Paypal account. I get my wife to use hers if I need

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
That is too bad. It has been rightly said that we all pay for our education in one way or another. I've had some expensive lessons as well.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
That is too bad. It has been rightly said that we all pay for our education in one way or another. I've had some expensive lessons as well.
Me too. The $ lessons learned seem to be the ones that I can remember.

·
Administrator
32,483 Posts
Awhile back there was one of our many discussions about the shortage of reloading supplies. A new member popped into that thread and mentioned a site called Reload Unlimited. (Not ReloadING Unlimited. Different site.) There was some debate on whether the site was a scam or not. Especially since they only took Google Pay.

I took a shot anyway and ordered 1,000 Winchester SPPs. With shipping and hazmat, the order was just under $62.00. As of today, the website is gone and Google Pay is no longer active. (You have to download Google’s new payment app.)

So, Yup.... It was a scam. I sent them an email telling them what I would like Satan to do to their anal cavities as they burn in Hell. Whether they ever get it or not, or even care, is up for debate.
Willie, did you notice that the spam ad was removed and the member banned ?

·
Super Moderator
41,316 Posts
Is PayPal and Google Pay the same thing? If paid for with Google Pay, why would anyone go to PayPal to get their money back

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Payment isn't thru PayPal - it is thru GooglePay.

Willie - I may be the 'Eternal Optimust" but that web site is still up on my machine. Order time is "supposed to be" 2 to 4 weeks. It's been about 2 1/2 for me.

Seeing as how the transaction took place over State Lines - if this was a fraud - they are in Oklahoma and I am in Colorado - I intend to file a complaint with the Federal Government for Inter-State Fraud. This wouldn't be a State or Local matter - it would become a Federal matter concerning Interstate Commerce.

I will report back in another 1 1/2 weeks. Maybe good news or maybe egg on my face. Wouldn't be the first time - wouldn't be the last.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Payment isn't thru PayPal - it is thru GooglePay.

Willie - I may be the 'Eternal Optimust" but that web site is still up on my machine. Order time is "supposed to be" 2 to 4 weeks. It's been about 2 1/2 for me.

Seeing as how the transaction took place over State Lines - if this was a fraud - they are in Oklahoma and I am in Colorado - I intend to file a complaint with the Federal Government for Inter-State Fraud. This wouldn't be a State or Local matter - it would become a Federal matter concerning Interstate Commerce.

I will report back in another 1 1/2 weeks. Maybe good news or maybe egg on my face. Wouldn't be the first time - wouldn't be the last.
Clear your internet cache and cookies. The site is now just a “parked” domain on Go Daddy’s web servers. No actual site now.

To answer a few questions asked:

No recourse through Google since the old Google Pay site is gone now. Their new app is completely different.

I might get something back through the bank but the service fees to reverse the payment would probably cost about half of what I originally paid.

@Shooter45 I did notice the original posts were gone. I checked before I started this thread. I figured one of the mods or admin had deleted it.

@howlnmad I can’t call them since the number was only listed on their website which is gone now.

I may still try to go back through the bank and see about getting the charges reversed. Depends on whether or not the bank will charge me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GONRA's only used PAYPAL when requested by a Fellow Hobbyist (harmless?) overseas.
Never had any issues. Handy!
Assume this is MUCH SAFER than dealing with an organization???

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Assume this is MUCH SAFER than dealing with an organization???
Sometimes. I know there are a lot of legitimate companies that use PayPal as well. Never had an issue with them.

Talked to the bank and now I have to take copies of everything over to them. They have a fraud team that will work on getting my money back. I’m not holding my breath though.

Google Pay’s terms of service are pretty much, “sorry about your luck.”

1 - 20 of 30 Posts