The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
WilliB, Where is the Reload Unlimited located? Did you get your money back? I am in a similar situation, I ordered some SPPs from a website in NV, it takes credit cards through GlobalPay payment which doesn't work well,so the store sent you a link to make payment and what bothers me is that there is no store name associated with the payment. It has been more than a week since I made the purchase, I
haven't yet received the shipment notice and the store ignores all my inquiries. I'm afraid that this is a scam as well. Am I being not patient? I'd rather use paypal but the store said paypal doesn't like firearms sale.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,453 Posts
I may still try to go back through the bank and see about getting the charges reversed. Depends on whether or not the bank will charge me.
Hope you get your money back. The bank has a lot more "oomph" than you do. Even if they charge you, perhaps the criminals will not get away with your money if the bank can get it back.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sure hope you get your money back. Also sorry that the site was a scam as I need some primers!

Blows my mind why people use products/business that are actively against what you believe in. Every time you use a service and/or buy a product you are voting with your money

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
WilliB, Where is the Reload Unlimited located? Did you get your money back? I am in a similar situation, I ordered some SPPs from a website in NV, it takes credit cards through GlobalPay payment which doesn't work well,so the store sent you a link to make payment and what bothers me is that there is no store name associated with the payment. It has been more than a week since I made the purchase, I
haven't yet received the shipment notice and the store ignores all my inquiries. I'm afraid that this is a scam as well. Am I being not patient? I'd rather use paypal but the store said paypal doesn't like firearms sale.
The whois lookup for the store I ordered from says it is based in Oklahoma. So it’s probably not the same site as yours. I have never even heard of GolbalPay. I think after a week, you MIGHT be jumping the gun a little bit but it does seem sketchy. I would give them a couple more weeks and then start trying to get your money back if they still have not responded.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
There internet scammers everywhere. Another firearms related forum I’m a member of, were once a month or so, one of the forum members reports that a scammer who posted something like a $2,000 rifle scope fir sale for like $1,800. The claims are that the scope was bought new, but then not needed so it’s put for sale. The problem is that there is no real scope for sale and it’s a scammer stealing the payment. So the forum will block the scammer, but the scammer just rejoin using a new identity to do to someone else. It’s kind of hard to vet these scammers. Most forums require a new member to take part in a number of discussions prior to being allowed to post something for sale in a forum’s classifieds, but some of these scammers are good at fooling both the forums managers and members. Best tactic to dealing with an online seller I believe is;
*Deal only with a telephone contact that is attached to a physical land line. It’s easy to locate with a physical address unlike a cell number.
*Request the sellers tax license number to verify with the state they operate in if they have tax applied to the purchase or if they add a tax by the buyers home state. It’s relatively easy to verify with that state the seller claims to operate from.
*If it’s a private individual seller, requests a picture of the item with a copy of a dated item such as a local current news paper.
*Send payments to a physical address, not a PO box.
*If someone knows of other ways to not get scammed, post those ideas.
Even then with these precautions one mite still be scammed. There was one incident were a seller had the payments sent to second party who was paid a fee to allow their address to be used. Unfortunately the Internet has breed a new type of thief.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry about that. It was definitely a scam. Google pay is nothing like PayPal or using a credit card. It's basically the same as you just sending a friend money. They offer zero recourse. They even warn you to only use it for trusted recipients. Taking a month for in stock merchandise to ship is also a red flag. They want to be gone with the payment before the ETA date hits.

On the plus side atleast it was a small purchase. I'm sure they got some people for a chunk of money.

·
GUNZILLA
7,058 Posts
Respect , for coming out clean and informing us of the scam.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts