The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with Zombie Everything these days?

I was looking for some bullets last night and I came across the Nosler Varmageddon bullets (for when zombie varmints attack) and Hornady Zombie Max bullets. Is it all a marketing play to appeal to a younger generation? I can't imagine they have changed anything. From what I can find and read, they are basically rebanded versions of their regular bullets....

Has anyone used any of these for reloading? The prices were good. $13/100 of the Hornady bullets (50 gr). I could plink with those for that price.

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
Yeah, just a marketing ploy.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I view that as the same thing as "tactical". The term is badly overused and I'm not sure why it is used at all. I've even seen tactical ballpoint pens - I guess because they were black they can be called tactical.

The next big marketing campaign will be "Zombie Tactical" and the items will be colored blood red and black.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The only Zombie stuff I have is a couple plastic ammo cans. And that is because they were $5 at Menards during Christmas. I personnally think it is a joke. I would never buy a gun with the Zombie crap on it.

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
I missed out on them cans. MTM cans. I've got three or four orange ones. Close to ten bucks each. The zombie ones were dark green, and when they didn't sell, Midway was closing them out for 4. The Zombie design was a sticker that peeled off.

Oh well. Such is life.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
yep.. same vmax critical defense ammo with green tips.

goes good with guns that are zombie branded. ie.. like the sig p238 limited edition zombie grips. or them tactical shotguns witht he zombie green on them..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just the projectile. I couldn't care less what it looks like as long as it flies straight. I'm just getting started with reloading so I'm trying different weights, shapes, brands to see what works well for me. At $13/100, I can get quite a bit of practice with these. They won't be stored long before they go boom so I don't care if they have purple tips and explode into butterflies when they hit the target.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Paint it day-glow green and you can call it "Zombie". Paint it black, and you can call it "tactical". Guns, ammo, and prolly even bricks, you decide.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are all apparently in the wrong business then. I'll just go buy some bricks and black spray paint. I can call it "Do-It-Yourself Tactical Bunker for Zombie Defense."

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
The last few times I ordered .224 Hornady bullets, I got the Z-max. They are the same bullets as the A-max or V-max (I forgot which) but a whole lot cheaper. A little green tip doesn't bother me in the slightest.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
during the ammo crisis, i can remember a few gun show sellers sellinghte z-max ammo at regular prices because people didn't know what it was and it wasn't selling. thought it was dummy ammo or something.

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
Man, you misspelled "Tacti-cool".

·
Registered
143 Posts
If u look zombie max are usually one or 2 dollars cheaper too, same brand. I like green better than orange or red also;) I have not bought any for quite a while though!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked up a can of Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner the other day and yea you guessed it, it was Zombie One Shot Cleaner.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
for cleaning after shooting zombies? :)

how about them green handled zombie machette?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
google "NRA and ex-girlfriend zombie target"

the liberal feminine loonies are slandering the NRA as per usual over a stupid zombie target, saying it's practice for killing your girlfriend. (right....)

nevermind when they called for the actual murder of NRA president or members, that's somehow OK.... or the DHS buying targets of women, children, etc for training.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
yep... nobody blinked an eye at the non traditional DHS targets. granny, grandpa.. mommy, baby.. etc....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts